Lockheed Martin Senior Circuit Design Engineer / Dallas, TX in Grand Prairie, Texas
Description: Lockheed Martin is seeking a Circuit Design Electrical Engineer to join our team at our campus in Grand Prairie, TX.
This exciting position offers an opportunity to work in a fast paced, high technology, high impact environment. This unique role will offer the engineer an opportunity to apply existing technologies in innovative ways to provide unique solutions to the most complex problems. In this position the engineer will develop and mature new technologies or manufacturing processes to meet production demands.
A major focus of this mission critical engineering role will involve developing sensor control and signal process electronics. Related tasks will include building bread board designs for prototyping, and a brass board with significant packaging challenges.
The engineer will have an opportunity have an impact on the following areas: Requirements analysis/derivation, concept development, hardware architecture, component selection, schematic capture, reliability analysis (derating, thermal, signal integrity, power integrity, stability, overstress), design verification, system integration, and qualification.
The engineer may mentor less experienced team members and may function as a technical or project lead. The engineer will collaborate routinely with other engineering disciplines to include systems, firmware, mechanical, and safety engineers. The engineer may have an opportunity to attend related industry conference. The engineer will have an opportunity to keep up-to-date on industry best practices. We offer a continuous learning environment with strong career growth and advancement opportunities.
Successful attributes for this position: lifelong learner, person of integrity, passion for technology, relationship builder, and courageous in actions.
Applicants selected will be subject to government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. For this specific role we will need an active secret clearance with a current 5 year investigation.
Relocation assistance is possible for this exciting position.
Click here to find out more about The Benefits of Engineering Leadership Development: Electrical Engineering
- A BS Degree in Electrical Engineering or closely related technical field or equivalent experience/combined education
- Advanced skills and experience with circuit design
- A solid understanding of circuit analysis, troubleshooting, test instrumentation, and data analysis tools
- The technical ability to effectively to define and interpret system level requirements and derive the requirements necessary to interface between lab and supplier hardware
- The ability to work well in a teaming environment with other disciplines (Systems Engineering, Software Engineering, etc.)
- A Secret level clearance is also required.
- A MS level degree in electrical engineering or closely related technical field
- Experience with high density circuit card design
- Prior experience with analog to digital or digital to analog converters
- Mixed signal design experience
- Prior experience working in the aerospace or defense sector would be a plus.
- Prior experience working in an electronics laboratory setting with electronics test equipment
- Experience with building interface boards
- Experience working with printed wiring boards
- Experience with Cadence Concept (schematic capture) and Cadence Allegro (circuit layout) or similar tools
- Experience with Sigrity, Hyperlynx, Synplify Pro, and/or PSPICE (circuit analysis) or similar tools
- Experience with VHDL or Verilog
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
- Lockheed Martin Jobs