Lockheed Martin Manufacturing Engineer Sr / Grand Prairie, TX in Grand Prairie, Texas
Description: Lockheed Martin Missiles and Fire Control is seeking a high performing engineer to lead the HIMARS manufacturing engineering team. This position will lead a team that provides support to an expanding production program. The team members will indirectly report to this lead role.
The lead will be the main point of contact for manufacturing engineering activities related to the assigned program. The lead will be knowledgeable in the program manufacturing engineering core competencies, capable of being the subject matter expert in some, but not all of these competencies. This role is anticipated to delegate or assign tasks, as well as provide guidance and direction. Making decisions on the issues at hand will be expected.
• Coordinate with the manufacturing team members to delegate actions and resolve issues
• Successfully complete key activities impacting the program
• Collaborate with Program Management and other functions
• Leading Production Line Validation events (PLV)
• Communicate and maintain relationship with customer counterparts
• Create and maintain Manufacturing Engineering Statement of Work and Make/Buy documents
• Submit complete and accurate proposal numbers and basis of estimate
• Experience with following core competencies
o Earned Value Management System
o Engineering Change Request
o Notice of Change
• Proficient in MS Office tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
• Ability to interpret drawings, electrical schematics, wiring diagrams, product/performance specifications and other systems integration technical data
• Support of rate production
• Knowledge of Lean Six Sigma principles
• Strong skills in interpreting drawings, electrical schematics, wiring diagrams, product/performance specifications and other systems integration technical data
• Lean Six Sigma Green Belt
• Ability to present technical information to management
• Effective interpersonal skills, including team building
• Capable of creating and developing enduring business relationships that result in successful projects and actions
• Confidently manage production issues first hand or through delegation
• Self-motivated, performs work with general direction
• SAP experience
• Intermediate skill level in MS Office tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.)
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
- Lockheed Martin Jobs