Lockheed Martin Lead Embedded SW Engineer/Real-Time, Missile Systems & Fire Control (Cleared) in Grand Prairie, Texas
Description: Are you a highly skilled Real-Time, Embedded Software Engineer seeking to work in an innovative engineering and technology environment? Our MFC (Missiles and Fire Control) Engineering & Technology (E&T) Team in Dallas, TX is seeking a HWIL software lead to oversee the architecture, design, development and implementation of the HWIL software for a new weapons system.
Responsibilities will include oversight of the architecture and development of IFS real-time models and interfaces to the HWIL (Fidelity reduction, Open Loop Testing, Drivers Testing, etc).
The software lead will also be involved in the design, production, integration and testing of the software and hardware connections used in the HWIL facility.
The lead will support the integration team in debugging software, hardware, firmware, timing, and designs as well as providing support/input to system performance assessments and trade studies.
Finally, the lead will be involved in the integration, test and verification and validation of the system and various subsystems.
- Prior missile system design experience is required
- Experience in real-time software generation, with hands-on experience related to hardware testing and/or embedded systems and/or simulation systems
-Experience with C and C++ programming languages in a Real-Time Operating System or Linux environment
-Experience integrating Real-time Simulation models with interface hardware that communicate to the units under test
-Extensive experience in Real-Time Systems Architecture
- Clear, confident, concise, coherent oral and written communication skills
- Bachelors degree from an accredited college in software engineering, computer engineering or electrical engineering with 14 years or more of professional experience; or 12 years of professional experience with a Masters in software engineering, computer engineering or electrical engineering
- Active Secret Clearance
- Proven leadership skills
- Design experience with Real Time Operating Systems
- Experience with Linux software tools
- Experience in basic radar design and theory of operation
- Ability to develop Software and system performance requirements
- Familiar with embedded systems, simulation and components
- Familiar with typical business practices
Microsoft Word, Excel, Project, PowerPoint skills
- Experience with creating presentation charts and general status reports, and delivering presentations to customers
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
- Lockheed Martin Jobs