Lockheed Martin Cyber System Security Staff Engineer in Grand Prairie, Texas
Description: Want to work on the next generation of tactical missiles, vital for our national security? Do you possess a Department of Defense security clearance and a keen analytical mind?
Here’s your chance!
Lockheed Martin is seeking a Cyber System Security Engineer for a position in Grand Prairie, Texas. The candidate will have the opportunity to be involved in some of Lockheed Martin Missiles and Fire Control’s highly innovative and ingenious solutions to complex technical problems facing the aerospace industry. You will leverage your technical, leadership and interpersonal skills in a structured team framework and work in a cross-functional team environment.
Lockheed Martin Missiles and Fire Control (MFC) is one of five Lockheed Martin business areas. MFC is a recognized designer, developer and manufacturer of precision engagement aerospace and defense systems for the U.S. and allied militaries. MFC develops, manufactures and supports advanced combat, missile, rocket, manned and unmanned systems for military customers that include the U.S. Army, Navy, Air Force, Marine Corps, NASA and dozens of foreign allies. MFC also offers a wide range of products and services for the global civil nuclear power industry and the military’s green power initiatives. MFC pursues business in more than 50 countries with more than 50 product and service lines.
At Lockheed Martin Missiles and Fire Control, you’ll have an opportunity to create a better world every day. For most individuals, our work challenges belong merely to headlines and tweets. But our employees routinely experience a broad range of programs and projects, each geared to important human needs. Whatever your assignment, you’ll use your education and experience to take on formidable challenges. Meanwhile, you can rely on the resources of a global technology leader to back the kind of innovation that has characterized our historic breakthroughs.
• Provides security engineering designs and implementation in all aspects of System Security Engineering.
• Assesses and mitigates system security threats/risks throughout the System Development life cycle.
• Validates system security requirements definition, allocation and analysis.
• Establishes system security designs.
• Implements security designs in both hardware and software.
• Verifies implementation of system security requirements.
• Design, implement, deploy, and maintain state of the art system security architectures and countermeasures to protect and enable innovative new Lockheed Martin Missiles and Fire Control products.
• Balance security, compliance, performance, power and cost for a diverse portfolio of embedded defense products.
• Analyze vulnerabilities and threats against system security of new product designs.
• Prototype and test countermeasures that defend against cyber-attacks.
• Embed yourself amongst Hardware, Firmware, Software, and Systems Engineers to define and integrate system security measures into a wide range of high integrity, security and safety-critical products.
Grand Prairie is part of the “Mid-Cities” region in the Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex which is in the North Central region of Texas. Grand Prairie is a suburb of both Dallas and Fort Worth. The region offers a great cost of living combined with a robust economy and a pleasant climate. The Mid-Cities is the suburban region filling the thirty-mile span between Dallas and Fort Worth. These communities include the cities of Arlington, Irving, Grand Prairie, Grapevine, Southlake, Colleyville, HEB (Hurst, Euless and Bedford), NRH (North Richland Hills and Richland Hills), Haltom City, Watauga, and Keller, along with multiple other smaller towns such as Trophy Club and Roanoke and together represent more people than either Dallas or Fort Worth.
• Must currently posses a SECRET security clearance.
• Bachelors degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with 9 years of professional experience; or 7 years of professional experience with a related Masters degree.
Experience with the following:
• Design experience through the DoD systems development life-cycle developing embedded security solutions.
• Maintaining, developing and/or supporting test equipment hardware and/or software.
• Implement system security requirements on Platform Information Technology (PIT) systems to meet company and government compliance systems security requirements.
• System Security Engineering (SSE) principals.
• Identification, decomposition, allocation and verification of NIST SP 800-53 Security Controls.
• Conducting Security Verification testing on developed DoD products.
• Extensive Experience developing DoD National Security Systems (NSS).
• Knowledge and expertise with Routing and Switching platforms.
• Demonstrates both tactical as well as strategic thinking and creative problem solving.
• Strong knowledge of VPN methods such as IPSEC, GRE and SSL.
• Experience in management of the LAN and WAN, including supporting router, switch and security devices.
• Familiarity with assessment tools such as Nessus, Security Center, Burp proxy, and NMAP.
• Experience with IP and Networking Theory.
• Knowledge of Network Architecture, current and future topology.
• Excellent writing skills and ability to communicate effectively.
• Experience evaluating security components.
• Experience with vulnerability scanning and Software Assurance (SwA) activities.
• Experience in implementing system security requirements to meet company and government computer security requirements.
• Possess DoD 8570 approved baseline certification for IAT Level II (CISSP, CAP, etc.).
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
- Lockheed Martin Jobs