PDS Tech Inc A/C Techincian in Grand Prairie, Texas
PDS Tech, Inc. is seeking an A/C Technician in Grand Prairie, TX.
- Aircraft Technician B - Sheet metal will perform work on assigned aircraft, assemblies, and parts in sheet metal area.
Sheetmetal Installation: 80%
Read detailed plans and diagrams and inspect and measure parts prior to assembly, making sure parts are free of defects and are the right size.
Install Sheet metal parts and assemblies in aircraft; assure that installations are attached without endangering aircraft structure or systems operations and functions.
Cut, grind, or trim parts to fit properly.
Use tools, such as drills, grinders, and rivet guns to assemble helicopters and parts.
Fitting and assembling skins, frames, and other components. Work will consist of drilling, fitting, and riveting of the many sub-assemblies of the helicopter, including such items as tail booms and stabilizers
Follow Engineering Instructions and Company polices.
Make adjustments or replace parts when needed
Assist in the development of patterns or templates to simplify manufacturing processes and to assure proper dimensions
Work with inspectors to run tests to determine whether the parts are assembled properly
Cut, file, drill, and ream metal, plastic, and rubber sections to prepare them for fastening
Manufacturing Parts: 10%
Perform layout of sheet parts by measuring and marking in preparation for cutting and forming operations
Cut raw materials allowing for bend requirements, flanges, and crimping.
Bolt, rivet, or chemically bond parts together
Follow all OSHA safety and environmental regulations
- SAP, Time charging, manage PTB and VAC
Qualified Experience / Skills / Training:
- HS diploma or equivalent required.
- Minimum of two years related experience; some experience may be substituted for education normally acquired in the attainment of an A&P license or a degree directly related to aircraft sheet metal or composite.
Some trade school desirable . Basic Manufacturing Skills Classes / Blueprint Reading / Composite
Knowledge, Skills, Demonstrated Capabilities:
Basic computer skills
Read, interpret, and follow written technical data
Familiarity with common sheet metal tools
- Must be able read, write, and speak English
- 5% Domestic and International
- US Person under ITAR definition (U.S. Citizen, green card holder or person covered under our existing ITAR license)
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.
PDS Tech Inc
- PDS Tech Inc Jobs