Air Products and Chemicals, Inc. Mechanical Construction Superintendent in Shanghai Zhangjiang,
24647BRReq No.:24647BRJob Description and Qualifications:
This position is the Mechanical Construction Site Superintendent for Cryogenic (ASU) Projects which are executed by Asia Project Execution Unit. The incumbent is accountable for the management of all aspects of Mechanical construction engineering across early construction planning stage, site execution, Mechanical Completion and transferring to Commissioning, as well as final acceptance for designated projects with vary size as large, middle and small standard plants. This job holder shall cover the management of construction safety, quality, schedule and field change control for designated project. Junior Mechanical engineers and persons from 3rd Party ME&I Supervision Agency report to this job holder directly.
The incumbent is expected to be expert on Mechanical construction management, be able to provide excellent construction service to project execution for the Company.
The incumbent mainly works at project site of China Mainland. Oversea job assignment or travel to other regions construction site for support is also in scope.
· Accountable for delivering a completed project Mechanical construction safely, with good quality, on schedule and within budget.
· Organize and lead a competent Mechanical construction supervision task force with supports from site construction manager and home office to execute large project Mechanical construction. Provide training and coaching to the task force as well as feedback their performance to home office manager.
· Work with Project Manager and Site Construction Manager to agree on Mechanical construction execution strategy, schedule and key milestones.
· Attend design review meeting, more focus on the constructability and provide construction sequence to help design package be formed appropriately to meet site demands.
· Involve in Mechanical contractor selection activities, prepare bidding documents, attend clarification meetings, review bidders’ proposal, provide professional comments and evaluations for contact award;
· Oversee site Mechanical construction activities, manage contractors, and coordinate the work with other discipline superintends and contractors. Ensure all work procedures and instructions be implemented with high compliance rate; Make sure site management systems (Safety, QA/QC, Schedule and Cost Control) work well. Escalate critical issues to Site Construction Manager in time;
· Draft and release Mechanical construction weekly report to Site Construction Manager. Outstanding issues shall be identified such as schedule delay, potential claims, permitting issues. Mitigation plan shall be placed in a timely fashion. Closely monitor the improvement progress;
· Review and approve contractor’s overall construction plan and monitor the implementations. Review critical technical plan, such as heavy equipment lifting, large machine erection, GC1 grade piping installation (like HP GOX and Steam piping), pressure test procedure and execution, etc;
· Keep close contact with AP/LDI functional engineers to solve design issues quickly; Reply contractor’s RFI (Request for Information) within agreed deadline;
· Verify and confirm contractor’s actual progress for payment, and quantity variance for field change request;
· Perform deputy site construction manager role per delegation; This incumbent is expected to play Site Construction Manger role after one or two projects practice;
· Support site construction manager to coordinate the interfaces with customer or/and local authorities;
· Evaluate contractor’s performance at construction completion;
· Incumbent shall own Bachelor or above Degree on Chemical/Mechanical Engineering. Further Management Education would be beneficial;
· Good command of written and oral English;
· Incumbent is expected to have 15+ year work experience in a similar work environment, i.e. process engineering or construction engineering on Petrochemical, Chemical, Industry Gases;
· Be very familiar with GB and ASME codes on Mechanical Construction; Own certain knowledge on Electrical and Instrument installation;
· Incumbent should have demonstrated skills in strategic thinking, resource planning and development.
· Incumbent is expected to have excellent Mechanical working knowledge as well as a comprehensive understanding of key construction engineering work processes, such as site safety management, construction work process, quality assurance and control system, cost control and change management, strong skills on schedule control tools operating (Microsoft Project at least, Primavera Tools preferred);
· Strong influencing skills are required to effectively manage contractors. A proven ability to clearly communicate technical issues with partners, as well as strong ability to handle multiple demands and commitments are essential to successfully fulfill this role.
· Knowledge and experience of industrial gas projects such LASU or electronics gas projects;
· Construction management experience in international engineering company or high ranked local EPC;
· Qualification or certification on welding process and inspection.
Job Title:Mechanical Construction SuperintendentEmployment Type:Asia - Regular Employment Status:Full TimeType of Relocation Benefits Provided:DomesticLocation:AS-CN-Shanghai Zhangjiang Country:ChinaRegion:AsiaOrganization:Global Engrg Mfg Technology & Equipment Business Sector / Division:Global Project Execution