NBC Universal Matte Painter in Glendale, California
Job Number 45223BR
Job Title Matte Painter
Business Segment Filmed Entertainment Group
Sub-Business Film Features Animation
Posting Category Artistic Animation Production
About Us From the award-winning storytellers, artist and innovators at DreamWorks Animation and DreamWorks Animation Television come the beloved characters and stories that come alive on the big and small screens. From films like Shrek, How to Train Your Dragon and Trolls to original TV series including Trollhunters, Voltron and Home: Adventures with Tip & Oh, DreamWorks Animation continues to bring home the laughter, fun and courage to dream.
Visit www.dreamworksanimation.com to see our latest animated film and television productions.
DreamWorks is a division of NBCUniversal. At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
Country United States
• Proficient and a strong understanding on the latest versions of software such as Nuke and Photoshop
• Strong conceptual understanding of compositing, and general knowledge of compositing software (such as Nuke's) 3D environment and tools
• Familiarity with working with AOVs and different passes within an EXR file.
• Adheres to deadlines. Previous experience prioritizing and managing time efficiently for quick turnarounds.
• Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered
• Must be willing to work in Glendale, CA
• Must be able to provide a reel/portfolio of work examples -- if available, include a web address when you submit your resume
• 5+ years of experience in VFX/Animation industry.
• Experience in a Linux-based operating system is highly desirable
• Knowledge of a 3D Animation Pipeline.
• Traditional art skills which demonstrate an eye for light, shadow, composition, and color.
• Work comfortably in a variety of implementations; be it 2D backdrops, textured elements/fixes and complex 2.5D/3D projections.
• Bachelor's degree in Art, Film, Visual Effects, Animation, Computer Graphics or other related field and/or equivalent experience desired
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.