Whitsons Culinary Group Food Service Worker - Southern York Schools in Glen Rock, Pennsylvania
· Prepares and serves food according to menus and in correct portion sizes as mandated by yield guides.
· Performs cleaning duties, including sweeping and mopping of floors, cleaning of equipment and work areas, dishwashing and pot washing.
Sets up hot and/or cold food area.
· Complies with all state, Federal, local health department requirements for safe food handling
· Complies with all client location security protocols and guidelines
· Checks and stores incoming supplies.
· Follows assigned break schedules.
· Collects and strips trays for dishwashing and participates in ware washing if assigned
· Stores dishes, cups, pots, etc.
· Attends all mandatory in-service programs.
· Manages POS/cash handling if applicable for position
Physical Demands of the Job:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a team member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· While performing the duties of this job, the team member is frequently required Sit, walk, talk and hear
· Use hands and fingers to feel, handle, or operate objects, tools, or controls and reach with hands and arms.
· Be standing on feet majority of the workday in addition to walking back and forth.
· Lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Lifting while turning side to side is sometimes necessary.
· Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
· The work is performed primarily in the kitchen and on the serving line
· Standing most of the work day is required.
· Work requires movement in and out of store rooms and freezers
· The noise level in the work environment is moderate to loud.
· Exposure to extreme temperatures (hot and cold) due to cooking and refrigeration equipment.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled