General Electric Sr Quality Assurance Engineer in Gebze, Turkey
Role Summary:Responsible for testing a component, feature and or feature set for GE Aviation Digital’s software product implementations for the customers across the globe. Works independently and contributes to the immediate team and to other teams across business. S/he contributes to quality engineering discussions
Essential Responsibilities:In this role, you will:
• Own medium-sized quality engineering tasks; and delivers while mentoring and helping team members
• Define the testing methodology for implementation development
• Execute testing strategy for customers to define ready to go live state during implementation.
• Be responsible of validating the system, ingestions and software product is working per the quality standards.
• Make technology choices at individual level and has ability to analyze impact
• Apply principles of SDLC and methodologies like Lean/Agile/XP, CI, Software and Product Security, Scalability, Documentation Practices, refactoring and Testing Techniques
• Integrate project testing with continuous-integration process
• Work with fellow team members to diagnose bugs and formulate solutions
• Provide expertise in the quality engineering, test planning and testing methodology for a software project
• Develop and executes maintainable automation tests for acceptance, functional, and regression test cases
Qualifications/Requirements:• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or in “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math)
• A minimum of 5 years of professional experience in quality assurance and software testing OR Master’s degree with 3 years of experience quality assurance and software testing.
• Hands-on experience with implementation, customization and configuration tests of software products into customer’s systems.
Desired Characteristics:• Excellent interpersonal, communication, presentation and facilitation skills
• Love digging into new technologies, and can pick them up quickly
• Strong team player – collaborates well with others to solve problems and actively incorporates input from various sources; has experience --working with others on a global basis
• Flexible and available approach to working in a changing environment
• A clear understanding of cloud service and deployment models
• Ability to takes ownership of small and medium sized tasks and deliver while mentoring and helping team members
• Ensures understanding of issues and presents clear rationale. Able to speak to mutual needs and win-win solutions. Uses two-way communication to influence outcomes and ongoing results
• Identifies misalignments with goals, objectives, and work direction against the organizational strategy. Makes suggestions to course correct
• Continuously measures deliverables of self and team against scheduled commitments. Effectively balances different, competing objectives
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Effective team building and problem solving abilities
• Persists to completion, especially in the face of overwhelming odds and setbacks. Pushes self for results; pushes others for results through team spirit
• Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen
• Must be able to travel based on business need
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
• Extensive experience in test automation
• Demonstrated experience and ability to write Java code for the purposes of testing solution code (e.g., white-box testing).
• Experience testing web services (SOAP/REST; Throughput, Performance under Load, etc.)
• Experience with issue-tracking and agile project management systems such as Jira, GreenHopper, Confluence, Rally, etc.
• Experience with test automation tools like Selenium or Robot framework
• Experience working in Linux/Unix and Windows environments.
• Experience working with virtual machines (VMs) as part of a test/integration infrastructure
• Demonstrates the initiative to explore alternate technology and approaches to solving problems
• Skilled in breaking down problems, documenting problem statements and estimating efforts
• Demonstrates awareness about competitors and industry trends
• Has the ability to analyze impact of technology choices
About Us:GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.comAdditional Locations:Turkey;Gebze;
- General Electric Jobs