Heywood Hospital Medical Receptionist in Gardner, Massachusetts
Under the direction of the Senior Practice Administrator and Practice Manager incumbent is responsible for answering phones, arriving patients, appointment scheduling, insurance verification, referral processing, scheduling of outpatient services, and managing daily deposits. Accurately documents information provided by patients and processes incoming faxes and daily mail. Incumbent participates in customer service and patient satisfaction initiatives. Must learn and perform new standards and processes as they are implemented and complete any assigned training. Responsible for other duties and locations as assigned. See full description below.
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to prioritize tasks in a busy environment
- General comfort level with computers/technology and ability to learn programs as needed.
- Knowledge of Electronic Medical Records preferred and word processing skills.
- Preferred knowledge of medical terminology
- Must be able to work flexible shifts, some evenings & weekends may be required.
- Reliable transportation in order to travel between locations is also required
Minimum Work Experience
- One (1) year of experience in a medical office preferred
Exerts up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. Frequently reaches (extending hands and arms in any direction), and handles (seizing, holding, grasping, turning, or working with hands).
The following behavioral attributes are required: achievement motivation, concern for order, flexibility, initiative, self-confidence, customer service oriented, interpersonal effectiveness, teamwork, analytical thinking and information seeking.
- Conducts interactions with everyone in a friendly, courteous and respectful manner.
- Goes out of his/her way to offer assistance to others. If he/she cannot offer assistance, then finds someone who can.
- Advocates to ensure privacy and confidentiality while helping others to maintain awareness.
- Maintains a clean and safe practice and hospital.
- Responds appropriately and immediately in emergency situations.
- Maintains a safe and healthy environment for patients, visitors, and/or staff to provide the highest level of physical comfort, and minimize risk and injury.
- Ensures compliance with regulations to maintain accreditation and licensure.
- Complies with the Heywood Healthcare Attendance and Tardiness Policy.
- Completed all Heywood Healthcare and Department Specific Mandatory requirements in the prior calendar year.
- Reports Incidents in a timely and effective manner.
- All employees with direct patient contact are responsible for actively engaging in the practice of, monitoring and enforcing compliance to hand hygiene.
- Answers telephones, schedules in office appointments, takes messages accurately and routes appropriately
- Completes tasks associated with clinical inbox/ practice buckets (personal, practice referral, medical record and others assigned) proficiently and in a timely manner
- Arrives patients, verifies all required fields for most current, up to date patient information. Has patient complete appropriate forms, accurately documents information provided by patients in EMR and completes check-in.
- Departs patient from office, provides any necessary patient information and schedules appointments in office and outpatient appointments as needed
- Collects copays/payments, maintains records and reconciles daily deposits.
- Verifies insurance coverage and eligibility and negates issues prior to patient visit whenever possible
- Performs a variety of clerical functions to support office such as typing, filing, scheduling appointments, making phone calls and related duties as required or directed.
- Process incoming faxes and daily mail including barcoding and document processing within EMR.
- Issues and verifies patients managed care referrals.
- Obtains necessary prior- authorizations for ordered procedures and diagnostic studies as required or directed.
- Schedules and coordinates patient visits and medical procedures, for both inpatients and outpatients.
- Registers patients utilizing computer based registration/scheduling system
- Maintains assigned office and/or clinical supplies. Assures accurate inventory of supplies based on approved levels. Rotates stock as required. Initiates requisitions for re-supply or special items.
- Completes tasks associated with workflow dashboard (Appointments to be rescheduled, appointment tickers, no shows and others assigned) proficiently and in a timely manner
- Processes Medical Records incoming and outgoing according to practice guidelines and regulation
- Maintains records, reports, logs and other statistical information as required or directed.
- Complies with established departmental policies, procedures, and objectives
- Attends variety of meetings, conferences, training and seminars as required or directed.
- Demonstrates use of quality improvement in daily operations
- Respects diverse views and approaches, and contributes in maintaining an environment of professionalism, tolerance, civility and acceptance toward all employees, patients and visitors.
- Provide coverage when needed at other locations within Heywood Medical Group.
Statement of Other Duties
This document describes the major duties and responsibilities for this job, and is not intended to be a complete list of all tasks and functions. It should be understood, therefore, that employees may be asked to perform job-related duties beyond those explicitly described.
Facility: Heywood Medical Group
Department: HMG ENDOCRINOLOGY,27570
Regular or Temporary Position: Regular
Position Control #: 757028020102
Position Hours: 40
Job Title: Medical Receptionist
Location: Gardner, Massachusetts
Posted Date: 10/16/2018