State of Georgia Grants Financial Analyst in Fulton, Georgia
Duties & Responsibilities:
As part of the Office of the Governor, the Georgia Emergency Management and Homeland Security Agency (GEMA/HS) works with local, state, tribal and federal governments, in partnerships with the private sector and faith based community, to protect life and property against man-made and natural emergencies. In addition, GEMA/HS employees are on 24-hour call statewide to assist local authorities when disaster strikes.
Under general supervision, this Grants Financial Analyst monitors sub-grantees in specific program areas to determine compliance with applicable state and/or federal rules and regulations for GEMA/HS. The incumbent performs professional-level finance, funds management, accounting and fiscal control functions. They also complete and/or oversee financial planning, documentation, analysis, reporting, and system development as well as conduct on-site inspections and prepare related reports and correspondence.
This Analyst plans and organizes compliance through desktop monitoring and field visits. They examine entries, statements, expenditures and other funds management and financial records, documents and systems of agencies or other establishments to ensure financial accuracy, consistent reporting, and legal/program compliance.
• Maintaining financial accountability and compliance of grant programs through comprehensive audits, monitoring visits, financial records review, review of expenditures, and documented program outcomes
• Monitoring financial performance and related data
• Auditing expenditures of grant funds to ensure that funds are spent according to stipulation, and deadlines are met
• Applying state and federal fiscal guidelines, and agency policies to establish tables/records of accounts or financial transactions and grant summaries, review financial data, and assign entries or apply accounting control measures to proper accounts
• Set up records and grant summaries for new grant awards and provide information and assistance in grant closeouts.
• Preparing and assisting in maintaining grants management records, including the grants management system.
• Responding to inquiries or provides information to management and third parties.
• Preparing or assisting in the preparation of reports and grant summaries
• Providing support to auditors and other reviewers
• Reviewing sub-grantee files to determine compliance history and to identify potential problems
• Scheduling appropriate compliance reviews in a timely manner
• Conducting entrance conferences with sub-grantee management to explain compliance visit procedures and to request necessary compliance documentation
• Gathering data to determine compliance with applicable guidelines through on-site interviews with sub-grantee staff and/or clients, observation of procedures, inspection of equipment, and review of applicable records
• Compiling reports of findings and deficiencies with appropriate evidence to support findings
• Recommending corrective actions if appropriate
• Observing the delivery of services and the implementation of programs and assists in determining "typing" capabilities
• Providing consultation and technical assistance to sub-grantee personnel and other interested parties in meeting compliance requirements and planning corrective actions
• Working in State Operations Center during state-level activations
• Other duties as assigned
The successful candidate will demonstrate competency in the following areas at an exceptional level:
• Project management
• Finances and accounting
• Grant Management
• Verbal, written, and interpersonal communication
• Reasoning, planning, and evaluation
• Application of technology to tasks to improve results
• Customer service
THIS POSITION REQUIRES STATEWIDE TRAVEL (mostly day trips from the Atlanta office with 1-2 trips a month). This position is also subject to call out without notice in emergency situations. During activations night and weekend hours may be required
Please include in your profile or attachments a list of the computer applications you know how to use and your level of skill in each program. Please also provide any other job related information you wish us to consider in evaluating your qualifications for this position.
The selected candidate will be required to pass a background investigation as a condition of employment. Items that may be examined in a background check include but are not limited to: credit records, criminal records, education records, past employers, military records, state licensing/certification records, and driving records.
Agency Specific Qualifications:
• Experience speaking before a variety of audiences.
• Experience preparing and implementing written plans, policies, and procedures.
• Experience conducting research using multiple processes to collect and evaluate information.
• Extensive Experience in the use of MS Office 2010 applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access).
Bachelor's degree in business, public administration, finance or a related field in area of assignment from an accredited college or university AND One year of experience in grants management, public funds administration, accounting or a related area OR Five years of experience in grants management, public funds OR One year of experience required at the lower level Grants Spec 1 (FIP050) or position equivalent. Note: An equivalent combination of education and job specific experience that provided the knowledge, experience and competencies required to successfully perform the job at the level listed may be substituted on a year-over-year basis.
Organization: *GA Emergency Mngmnt Agency
Title: Grants Financial Analyst
Requisition ID: FIN01MJ