Amyx, Inc. J35 Senior Planning Analyst in Ft. Belvoir, Virginia
Amyx is seeking a seasoned Senior Planning Analyst for the Defense Threat Reduction Agency (DTRA) Global Integration Cell (GIC). This is a new entity and has an evolving mission to provide oversight and respond to RFIs from DTRA Senior Leadership on assigned Combatant Command. Duties may include conducting Interagency and International coordination support work with the staffs of CCMDs and multinational partners, to facilitate effective relationships, policy and strategy expertise while articulating the necessary strategic vision and equities of the DTRA directorate/staff. Prepares strategic products for elevating situational awareness and understanding and briefing of senior DTRA members and other external stakeholders. Candidate will be a desk officer assigned to provide support to a particular combatant command. Candidate will collaborates across the Military Services, Combatant Commands and Support Agencies to synchronize actions internal to the organization. Manages meetings and video teleconferences, writes memorandums and information papers, and manages projects of critical importance on short suspense timelines. Candidate will briefs senior military government leaders and approved visitors.
The Senior Planning Analyst’s primary job responsibilities will include:
• Serve as Global Integration Cell (GIC) desk officer for a particular Combatant Command’
• Coordinate and facilitate staffing and routing of information, briefs and critical taskers to the appropriate staff section and the collation of responses.
• Communicate and coordinate with DTRA LNOs and DTRA-JD Combatant Command Integrators
• Conduct deliberate and crisis action planning, as an individual contributor or as part of a larger team or planning cell (CAT).
• Facilitate meetings, set up video teleconferences, draft decision memorandums and meeting minutes, and attend OPTs as GIC representative.
• Support the development of GIC SOPs, engagement plans, desktop procedures and other organizational directives associated with the GIC.
• Prepare briefings, information papers, policies, strategies, as well as staff, task, brief and report products required to initiate, communicate and manage such work across a senior DoD-level staff, and when required to select approved and vetted representatives of foreign governments.
• Provide support and assistance in the deliberate planning of Continuity of Operation Planning (COOP) for organization.
• Support to time sensitive deadlines and emergent requirements.
• Other duties may be assigned, as necessary.
• Microsoft Office Suite
• Google Earth (Desired)
• Must possess a valid TS/SCI.
• Previous Military Experience (to include deployment to Hostile Fire/Combat Zones).
• Bachelor’s Degree
• Minimum ten (10) years military service with three (3) years staff experience at the tactical and operational level and three (3) years joint organizational experience.
• Exhibit’s working knowledge of the Military Decision Making Process (MDMP) or DoD equivalent.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills, experience in the construction of briefings.
• Must be able to travel between Fort Belvoir (Primary Duty Location), Crystal City, Pentagon and Reston, as necessary.
• Must be able to conduct TDY both CONUS and OCONUS in support of the mission.
• Mastery in the use of personal computers with extensive experience using Microsoft Office Suite and web-based applications required.
• Must have the knowledge and skills to manage multiple projects, keep track of and identify new task or adjust existing task and expectations as the project evolves.
• Ability to perform detailed work with little guidance and to interact in a positive manner with other government and industry personnel.
• Must have SOCOM/SOF (Special Operations Forces) experience.
• Must have Knowledge Management/SharePoint experience.
• Strong, detail-oriented critical thinking skills.
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
• Experience as a U.S. Army or U.S. Marine Staff Officer.
• Experience as a Foreign Area Officer, Regional Area Officer or deployment experience outside the continental United States.
• 10-20 years of military or DoD experience with at least three (3) years as senior level staff officer
• Expert Knowledge and experience in Military Decision Making Process (MDMP).
• Demonstrated ability to initiate and foster relationships with counterparts in other government agencies, business sector and academia.
• Experience working on issues with the White House, Department of Homeland Security, Department of State, the Office of the Secretary of Defense, Joint Staff, CCMDs, Services, Multi-national forces, and the Interagency
Amyx is an Equal Opportunity employer. Amyx is committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. Every qualified applicant receives focused consideration for employment and no one is discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, Amyx complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Equal Opportunity Employer- Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. Amyx is an E-Verify employer.
Amyx proudly and proactively takes affirmative action to advance employment of individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Employee needs to be able to sit at a workstation for extended periods; use hand(s) to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. Most positions require ability to work on desktop or laptop computer for extended periods of time reading, reviewing/analyzing information, and providing recommendations, summaries and/or reports in written format. Must be able to effectively communicate with others verbally and in writing. Employee may be required to occasionally lift and/or move moderate amounts of weight, typically less than 20 pounds. Regular and predictable attendance is essential.
External Company Name: Amyx, Inc.
External Company URL: www.amyx.com