Kelly Services Process Scientist II in Fremont, California
Kelly Scientific Resources is a specialty service of Kelly Services®. As the world's largest provider of HR solutions to the scientific community, Kelly Scientific Resources is focused exclusively on placing skilled scientific professionals in contract, contract-to-hire, and full-time science jobs across a full spectrum of related industries and disciplines. We have an exciting temporary opportunity in the San Francisco Bay area in CA for a Process Scientist II role.
Process Scientist II
The role will function within the Protein Science group at our client’s site alongside a team of other scientists, engineers, post-doctoral students, and interns with a wide spectrum of skill sets. The scientist is expected to independently perform routine scientific work and novel technology development under the instruction of a Senior Scientist. The role for this position will be multi-faceted, with two main areas of focus: Exploration of novel, cutting-edge technology for the innovation of monoclonal antibody purification development at both bench and pilot scales, including new technology evaluation, capacity determination including DBC studies , and resin screening. This exploration will include participation in intensified purification processes including but not limited to : affinity, cation exchange and anion exchange chromatography, and TFF. The position will call for familiarity with equipment capable of determining in-process performance parameters for purification. Such equipment will include AKTA FPLCs AVANT, Pilot, 6MM , Unicorn software, Cedex Bio HT, turbidity meter, pH and conductivity probes, Vmax/Pmax equipment, Flow VPE, Solo VPE, and other UV meters, pumps, mixing devices, deltaV software, etc as required.
Duties will also include buffer preparation for bench scale chromatography.
Downstream purification process troubleshooting through both literature-based research and hands-on bench work to better understand current process shortcomings and sensitivities. This will require thorough knowledge of protein biochemistry and experience with in-depth literature review, TFF as above , and affinity coupling and purification.
Knowledge of Mass Spec is also a plus.
The position will interface with cell culture personnel and analytical scientists to receive/provide samples, descriptions, and analyses.
· The position will be a fully integrated member of the scientific team, attending the core scientific team meetings.
· Growth in the scientific area of the job is expected and encouraged. The position is funded up to 1 year.
· Previous experience with or in-depth practical knowledge of downstream purification of mAbs highly desired.
· Strong protein biochemistry and/or engineering skills ideally including experience.
· Experience with CHO cells is a plus.
· Experience with or strong theoretical understanding of downstream processing techniques such as chromatography, filtration, UFDF Good written and oral communication skills.
· Ability to work in a team environment. GMP experience desired, will participate in GMP operations in an antibody production facility.
- BS in related major and 4+ years of relevant experience; MS in related major and 2+ years of relevant experience; PhD in related major and 0-1 years of relevant experience.
Why Kelly ® ?
With Kelly, you’ll have access to some of the world’s highest-regarded scientific organizations—
providing you with opportunities to work on today’s most challenging, research-intensive, and relevant
projects. Our connections can lead you to innovative scientific pursuits you’ll be proud to help
advance. We work with 95 of the Fortune 100™ companies, and found opportunities for more than 9,000
scientific professionals last year.
You pursued a career in science to fuel your quest for knowledge and your desire to make the world
a better place. Let Kelly fuel your career—connect with us today.
AboutKelly Services ®
As a workforce advocate for over 70 years, we are proud to directly employ nearly 500,000 people around the world and have a role in connecting thousands more with work through our global network of talent suppliers and partners. Revenue in 2017 was $5.4 billion. Visit kellyservices.com and connect
with us on Facebook , LinkedIn and Twitter .
Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer including, but not limited to, Minorities, Females,
Individuals with Disabilities, Protected Veterans, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and is
committed to employing a diverse workforce. Equal Employment Opportunity
is The Law.
- Kelly Services Jobs