Lee Company General Maintenance Technician in Franklin, Tennessee
Build a career at Lee Company!
Lee Company has been recognized as a Top Workplace by The Tennessean newspaper for multiple years and is proud to offer:
The ability to advance your career through our accredited Lee Company University
Opportunities to serve and give back to local communities
Medical, dental, and vision insurance
Wellness program with cash incentives
Flexible Spending Account or Health Savings Account
Basic life & AD&D insurance
Voluntary life insurance
Short- and long-term disability
Accident & critical illness coverage
Home & auto discounts
Paid time off (PTO)
Employee assistance program
No-cost will preparation services, identify theft protection and healthy rewards program
*Lee Company is driven by family values and strives to create an environment where employees can thrive. *
This position includes general maintenance and repairs of all facets of a customer’s facility, including buildings, equipment, and site. The maintenance technician will perform assignments in the installation, repair, alteration, and maintenance of HVAC, plumbing, electrical equipment and systems as well as basic carpentry task, including both preventive and corrective maintenance for multiple locations with-in a geographic area or facility.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: (include but are not limited to)
- Perform all work to industry standards and maintain a professional manner and appearance.
- Communicate with customers professionally and politely.
- Completes all facility repairs and maintenance task assigned in a timely manner.
- Cleans up and/or repairs any debris or damage caused during the performance of assigned task.
- Maintenance of HVAC equipment and systems.
- Maintenance and repairs of plumbing fixtures and systems.
- Maintain lighting and electrical systems including changing bulbs, ballast, and electrical trouble shooting.
- Completes special task that include but are not limited to, drywall patching, painting, door hardware and lock maintenance and repair, special cleaning, and other general maintenance (handyman) task.
- Maintains tools, parts equipment and supplies in clean and safe condition.
- Complies with all policies and procedures (e.g. customer service, safety, usage and handling of hazardous or restricted material).
- Maintains records for work completed in a neat and organized manner.
- Maybe required to work overtime to meet deadlines.
- Must be able to handle stress and job demands.
- Must be able to cooperatively work with others.
Education and Experience:
- High School diploma, GED, or equivalent and (3) five years related, qualified experience and/or training is required.
Skills and Abilities:
- EPA Universal Certification.
Physical Demands/Working Conditions:
The physical activities described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions and expectations.
Individuals may need to ride or drive in a vehicle for 2 or more hours at a time depending on position. Individuals working at an outside job site may be exposed to varying temperatures including very hot (above 90 degrees F) or very cold (below 32 degrees F) and all weather conditions. Individuals may be exposed to: cramped work spaces, contaminants, extremely bright or inadequate lighting conditions, exposure to sounds and noise levels that are distracting or uncomfortable.
Performing this job requires frequent use of hands to handle, control or feel objects, tools or controls. Must be able to sit, talk, hear, and stand frequently throughout the day. Must be able to climb, reach above shoulder height, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl frequently. The position occasionally may require lifting heavy objects (up to 75 pounds) and performing strenuous physical labor under adverse field conditions. Individuals may occasionally be exposed to hazardous conditions, high places and /or hazardous equipment. May work with or around chemicals that require knowledge of a safety data sheet.
Find us Online:
Check out our careers page: http://www.leecompany.com/careers/
Lee Company is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information or testing, or family and medical leave.
- Posted 30+ Days Ago
- Full time