Staples Project Manager, Merchandise Strategy & Planning in Framingham, Massachusetts
We are looking for a proactive, highly analytical self-starter to help build out new capabilities for Staples Business Advantage as part of the Merchandise Planning & Strategy team. This role supports three main objectives – operations/process improvement, performance management, and maintaining alignment between diverse teams supporting SBA (Merchandising, Pricing, Finance, Ecommerce, Marketing, & Sales). As we look to reinvent business support for SBA, this person must act with agility and be comfortable with change. A person who is successful in this position will be recognized for improving synergy within our high performing Commercial & Enterprise space.
This role will be responsible for preparing materials for senior leadership to be used in strategy development and decision making. This requires attention to detail and strong written communication skills (including PowerPoint). This person will also serve as the analytical muscle conducting ad-hoc analysis intended to deep-dive into results to identify issues and make recommendations on how to drive improvement in KPIs. The individual who takes on this role will need to b able to establish strong cross-functional partnerships and manage projects frequently involving Senior Manager & Director level team members.
• Develop materials to be used by leadership for decision-making
• Use strong analytical and financial skills to ensure the accuracy of the information being provided
• Develop understanding of key performance metrics - sales, adjusted margin, market share, traffic, conversion, average order value, etc.
• Monitor ongoing performance for initiatives relative to financial goals
• Manage strategic execution by providing clear, concise information on an ongoing basis (short-term to mid-term)
• Support Business Development & Integration teams by performing financial analytics on Target companies and providing ad-hoc assistance as we integrate “tuck-in” acquisitions into SBA
• Collaborate with business owners and cross-functional partners to create a unified strategy, project plans, and implementation timelines
• Partner with Merchandising, Sales, Marketing & Pricing teams to align convergence of force around quarterly solutions offerings
• Manage cross-functional projects focused as needed involving key stakeholders from multiple departments (project teams often consisting of Sr. Manager/Director level associates)
• Support leadership in development and implementation of SBA strategy based on recommendations and research/data analytics
• Reevaluate past initiatives to suggest improvements/best-practices
• Ability to complete tasks/objectives accurately and in a timely manner
• Flexibility to adjust priorities based on business needs of team & company
• Bachelor’s Degree (MBA or equivalent preferred)
• Minimum 2 - 3 year work experience in a role requiring significant attention to detail
• Strong knowledge of Commercial & Enterprise space
• Strong analytical ability
• Demonstrated organizational skills and ability to multi-task
• Ability to work independently and execute across multiple groups
• Strong proficiency in using Microsoft Office programs (PowerPoint, Excel)
• Good verbal and written communication skills
• Can do attitude and interest in driving improvement and change
• Experience influencing change across various levels of organizations (Managing “Up”)
• Proven ability to manage complex projects with stakeholders from various functional areas
Staples is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.