Shred-it LGV Class 1 Driver in Four Ashes, United Kingdom
Working as part of the transport team, the main responsibility of the LGV Class 1 Driver is to provide an excellent level of customer services whilst ensuring legal compliance regarding the EU Working Time Directive (Driving Hours) and ADR Transport Regulations. The Class 1 Driver will contribute to the safe and timely movement of clinical waste between customer locations and Stericycle Plant, driving a range of vehicles and on a specific shift pattern agreed within the role.
The Main responsibilities of this LGV Driver will include:
· To drive safely and efficiently whilst collecting and transporting clinical waste.
· Carry out journey schedules to agreed routes and timings.
· Complete and maintain digital and manual documentation and to comply with all requirements of the Road Traffic Act.
· Ensuring all legal compliance with regulations and requirements – both internal and external.
· To maintain the appropriate driving licence, CPC and ADR qualification for the role as specified by the service Manager and regulation.
· To provide an excellent level of customer service and to communicate with clients and customers where necessary.
· To provide appropriate and timely information to the Transport Administration team as requested.
· To promote a positive culture and to develop good working relationships with other team members and plant staff.
· To adhere to all health, safety and compliance policies and processes to keep themselves up to date with safety and compliance training and information.
We are looking for a LGV Class 1 Driver who can demonstrate:
· That they hold the relevant class of licence and Driver CPC Card.
· Preferably hold a valid ADR certificate which covers Classes 6.1 and 6.2 as a minimum. To agree to training for this if not held.
· A good level of personal organisation and the ability to manage their schedule of journeys and collections.
· Good communication skills with the team and with customers.
· The ability to manage time and workload to ensure good levels of productivity.
· Good knowledge of UK road networks and particuslrly of the local area to the base location.
· Self motivated, reliable and enthusiastic.