EncompassCare EC - Office Based Counselor / Social Worker - Part-Time in Fostoria, Ohio
EncompassCare, a provider of social services, home health therapy, and short- and long-term medical and rehabilitation care, is seeking a compassionate and driven Counselor or Social Worker to join our therapy team in Fostoria, OH.
This is a part time position, approximately 20 hours/week, with part time benefits.
EncompassCare believes each employee makes a significant contribution to the quality of life of our residents and the success of the organization. Employee contributions are not limited by assigned job responsibilities. Therefore, this job description is designed to outline essential functions, qualifications and job scope, but not limit the employee to the responsibilities identified. It is EncompassCare’s expectation that each individual will be flexible in offering their services to ensure the highest quality care to our residents.
Position Summary: :
Provides time-based face-to-face individual and/or group therapy within the context of the goals identified on the client’s Individualized Treatment Plan. This position may require evening appointments.
- Because EncompassCare exists to care for our residents, regular attendance and punctuality are essential to provide quality care.
- Commitment to EncompassCare mission and values.
- Must be able to complete performance requirements independently while using good judgment as well as have the ability to harmoniously work with others.
- Leadership ability to take action and achieve results through others.
- Must be able to read, write and understand the English language.
- Ensures a safe environment and utilizes tools and equipment in a safe manner complying with all infection control, universal precautions, and OSHA standards for the healthcare professional.
- Reports all hazardous conditions including incidents, injuries, and equipment to supervisor/appropriate personnel immediately.
- Responds to and acts appropriately in emergency or disaster situations.
- Adheres to all policies of the company, including job description, certification requirements, mission statement, HIPAA, confidentiality standards, and resident rights.
- Adapts to changes in responsibilities in a positive manner, is receptive to new ways of completing tasks, and is flexible in carrying out assignments.
- Communicates effectively and professionally while maintaining patient confidentiality when corresponding with patients, patients’ family, and other healthcare professionals.
Performs and conducts work responsibilities and interactions in an honest, ethical, and cooperative manner using effective judgment and decision making. Position Responsibilities::
Conducts intake/diagnostic assessments/updates for clients.
- Provides time-based face-to-face individual and/or group therapy to EncompassCare clients. May require flexible schedule/evening appointments.
- Develops, revises, implements, and monitors the Individual Treatment Plans in cooperation with the client and team participants that address the client’s needs. Creates observable, realistic, achievable, and client-centered goals.
- Monitors treatment effectiveness and provides ongoing assessment by utilizing identified outcome measurements and clinical assessments.
- Facilitates referrals to appropriate external resources when indicated.
- When needed, ensures the development of Individual Client Crisis Plans that promote client growth and future safety.
- Maintains clinical records and reports according to EncompassCare standards.
- Maintains direct service productivity per EncompassCare Service standards.
- Maintains required documentation per EncompassCare standards.
- Participates in team meetings and clinical supervision.
- Consults and collaborates with other interdisciplinary staff as needed.
- Carries out policy and procedures of EncompassCare.
- Keeps current with trends and developments related to essential job competencies and demonstrates continued growth.
- Adheres to ethical and legal standards of professional practice per state, professional, agency, and regulating standards.
- Maintains high confidentiality standards and, with client consent, completes client Authorization to Disclose Form in accordance to professional standards of practice, when applicable.
- Maintains active licensure to practice as a counselor or social worker. Essential Skills and Behaviors: :
Demonstrates solid therapeutic skills and has well-developed working knowledge of behavioral theories. Demonstrate history of effectively providing individual, family and group therapy. Must be able to communicate effectively orally and in writing with staff and all EncompassCare customers. Must be able to work independently and demonstrates solid planning, evaluating, and problem solving skills. Abides by the EmcompassCare and/or professional code of ethics.
Requires state license to practice as a counselor or social worker (LPC, LSW, LPCC, LISW, LPCC-S, or LISW-S). Must maintain certification in CPR, First Aid, and Crisis Intervention training. Experience in providing counseling/therapy services to all age groups desired.