HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Patient Care Technician in Fort Worth, Texas
Patient Care Technician / PCT / CNA Float Pool Work Schedule: PRN * *
Medical City Fort Worth is licensed for 320 beds and offers comprehensive diagnostic and treatment services in a wide range of specialties, including cardiac care, neurosciences, oncology, surgical services, orthopedics, kidney transplants and emergency care. Part of the Texas Stroke Institute stroke care network, Medical City Fort Worth is a designated comprehensive stroke center and a Joint Commission chest pain center. Designated Magnet**for nursing excellence, the facility is also a Blue Zones Project workplace.
The Patient Care Tech performs direct patient care as assigned by the RN and reports observations, results of procedures, and patient/family needs to appropriate person. Performs technical skills and designated tasks as outlined during educational training, in hospital policy, and per nursing unit requirements. Documents technical procedures and patient care performed. Performs receptionist duties in a courteous and cooperative manner in accordance with Star Service Standards. Utilizes computer/handheld devices for documentation. Accurately orders supplies/equipment based on department needs.
- High school diploma/GED preferred
- Graduate of a Nursing Assistant course
- *Certified (CNA) by the State of Texas *
- BLS Certificate issued by the American Heart Association
- Clerical experience preferred
- Ability to listen, interact and communicate verbally and in writing; ability to utilize a computer effectively; hospital experience and medical terminology preferred
Job: *Nursing Support
Title: Patient Care Technician
Location: Texas-Fort Worth-Med City Fort Worth
Requisition ID: 00073-117688