PRIDE Industries General Manager in Fort Polk, Louisiana
PRIDE Industries is a fast-paced company with a mission: To Create Jobs for People with Disabilities while providing high quality, value-added solutions to our nationwide customers. We are currently recruiting to fill the following position:
Job: General Manager
Job Code: C32 - PR-General Manager
HR Title Group: Federal Contracts (Facilities)
Salary Grade: E19
FLSA Status: Exempt
Approval Date: August 2017
There are direct reports with this position.
Under minimal supervision, the General Manager plans and manages staff activities related to the maintenance and repair functions at a military installation under the terms of a federal contract. Employees in this job class develop and manage their respective budgets, set goals and objectives for facilities support services, staff and performance manage subordinates, and make decisions for building repairs and maintenance. This job class requires comprehensive knowledge of effective management techniques, safety/environmental, building code requirements, electrical, heating and air conditioning (HVAC), plumbing, and carpentry.
*Plans, organizes and manages contractually provided delivery of maintenance and repair services for building, structures, electrical systems, utility systems operation and HVAC systems operation.
*Manages compliance with contract terms, conditions and obligations. Develops a professional working relationship with key contract personnel, and establishes official lines of communication. Provides for quality control, inventory management, record keeping, and management reporting.
*Supervises staff; ensures a competent, motivated staff through hiring, training, counseling, supervising and reviewing the performance of employees.
*Networks and develops working relationships with; base personnel at all levels; military organizations; labor organizations; and the local community in order to represent and speak for the company on various issues affecting the business environment including political, labor and customer.
*Develops and implements a Preventative Maintenance and Corrective Maintenance program that includes predictive and/or preventive testing and inspection of equipment and systems.
*Schedules and prioritizes tasks, and ensures adherence to procedures, regulations and guidelines while minimizing errors and safety risks.
*Participates in a variety of departmental and other meetings on a regular basis.
*Manages the programming, budgeting, purchasing, invoicing, estimating, customer service support, supply services, minor construction and service sub-contracts for contractual requirements.
Performs other duties and special projects as assigned.
*Denotes Essential Job Function
• Seven or more years of experience in building maintenance and construction, including at least five years in a supervisory position;
• Three years or more of business management experience including profit and loss responsibility and budgeting;
• Knowledge of planning, purchasing, and project management;
• Knowledge of specialized departmental equipment including those used in the trades of electrical, plumbing, HVAC, and general carpentry;
• Ability to read and understand construction, electrical, and equipment drawings, blueprints, and schematics;
• Knowledge of refrigeration and boilers; electrical circuits and voltage; plumbing, and general carpentry; masonry and concrete applications and processes;
• Supervisory skills to hire qualified employees, provide for their professional development, administer performance management and disciplinary processes effectively, and address employee relations appropriately;
• Ability to effectively supervise and develop assigned team to meet strategic goals;
• Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing; to make presentations and respond to inquiries by senior management, customers, employees, public, and/or PRIDE’s board of directors;
• Demonstrated leadership, organizational, reasoning, problem solving and analytical skills;
• Human relations skills to build effective relationships with team, customers and public;
• Exceptional customer service skills;
• Advanced computer literacy including knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet, database and presentation software;
• Knowledge of business English including vocabulary, spelling, and correct grammatical usage and punctuation;
• Mathematical skills to include the ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations;
• Ability to establish priorities and solve a wide range of business, operational and strategic management problems;
• Flexibility to respond to changing work priorities and handle numerous projects at the same time.
Bachelors in Engineering or related field
CERTIFICATES OR LICENSES REQUIRED:
The following licenses or certificates may be required depending on local, state and/or contract requirements:
Fed Security Clearance
Valid Driver's License
Employees must have the ability to perform the following physical demands for extended periods of time with or without assistance:
• Answering phone/making calls
• Maneuvering in and around the worksite
• May require sitting, standing, walking, walking on uneven surfaces
• Viewing computer screen
• Utilizing keyboard
• Bending, kneeling, reaching and stooping
Work is performed primarily in an office environment with limited privacy and exposure to noise from others conducting business. The remainder of work is performed on job sites in the field, driving to and from worksite. Employees may be exposed to hazardous equipment, toxic substances, noise from equipment, and depending on external weather conditions, wind, rain, cold, and heat.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to this job. Employees are expected to follow their supervisor’s instructions and to perform the tasks requested by their supervisors.
At PRIDE, we make a difference in the lives of many, one job at a time.
How to Apply
If you are interested in working for this unique organization that blends business with a social mission, please apply online at.PRIDE Industries is a VEVRAA federal contractor committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Visit our website to learn more!
PRIDE will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
PRIDE will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all federal, state, and local laws.
Job ID 2019-10110
Type Full Time Regular
Location US-LA-Fort Polk
Additional Information N/A
Referral Bonus Eligible? Yes
- PRIDE Industries Jobs