U.S. Air Force - Agency Wide SUPERVISORY BUDGET ANALYST in Fort Meade, Maryland
Click on "Learn more about this agency" button below for* IMPORTANT*additional information.
The organizational location of this position is: US STRATEGIC CMD, FORT MEADE MD
The primary purpose of this position is: To serve as a first level supervisor, planning, directing, organizing, and exercising control over nonsupervisory employees assigned to the Financial Operations Branch.
Learn more about this agency
- Serves as the technical advisor to the Comptroller and command personnel on matters pertaining to financial management policy and funds control, including those documented in the United States Code, Congressional Language, Service and JCS.
- Plans, organizes, and directs the activities of the Financial Operations Branch, ensuring all the branch?s activities and documentation comply with legal and regulatory requirements and meet customer needs.
- Exercises supervisory personnel management responsibilities.
- Leads team members in conducting analyses and preparing/presenting findings and recommendations requiring special/unique reports.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
- #### Job family (Series)
0560 Budget Analysis
- Analysts, Budget
Conditions of Employment
- U.S. Citizenship Required
- All new CES employees are required to complete a three-year CES trial period
- Position is designated critical-sensitive and incumbent must be able to obtain and retain a TOP SECRET (TS) security clearance with access to Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) to fully perform the duties and responsibilities of the position.
- PCS expenses if authorized will be paid IAW JTR and Air Force Regulations
- Recruitment incentives may be authorized
- This posn is subject to provisions of the DoD Priority Placement Program
- Must be registered for Selective Service, see Legal and Regulatory Guide
- This position has been designated by the Air Force as a Testing Designated Position (TDP) under the Air Force civilian Testing Program.
- Employee may be required to work other than normal duty hours, to include evenings, weekends and/or holidays
- Shift work and emergency overtime may be required
- Employee must maintain current certifications
- Disclosure of Political Appointments
- The incumbent of this position must achieve the level of professional certification appropriate to grade level, consistent with requirements defined by the DAWIA and/or CDFM certification in Business, Cost Estimating and Financial Mgt Career Fld
- It is highly desired for the incumbent to achieve or have successfully completed a 4-year course of study leading to a bachelor?s degree, that included or was supplemented by at least 24 semester hours in any combination of the following fields
- accounting, business, finance, law, contracts, purchasing, economics, industrial management, marketing, quantitative methods, or organization and management.
- The incumbent must meet NSA personnel security requirements outlined in NSA/CSS Policy 5-1.
- The employee may be recalled to duty, may be required to work other than normal duty hours, which may include evenings, weekends, and/or holidays, and may be required to work overtime.
- The incumbent may be required to travel in military and/or commercial aircraft to perform temporary duty assignments.
Specialized Experience: Your resume must reflect the quality level of experience which demonstrates the possession of the knowledge, skills, abilities, and competencies necessary for successful job performance required for this position. Examples of creditable experience include: Ability to select and apply analytical concepts, methods and tools to lead and conduct analyses of financial management policies, processes, and programs. Knowledge of and ability to interpret and apply regulations, policies and processes governing DoD Planning, Programming, Budgeting, and Execution (PPBE). Note: Creditable experience may include previous military experience, experience gained in the private sector, or experience gained in another government agency.
Click on the following link to view specialized experience for this position:
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs): Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the following areas:
Ability to select and apply analytical concepts, methods and tools to lead and conduct analyses of financial management policies, processes, and programs.
Knowledge of and ability to interpret and apply regulations, policies and processes governing DoD Planning, Programming, Budgeting, and Execution (PPBE).
Ability to plan, organize, and direct the functions and staff of a small to medium sized organization.
Ability to interpret and deconflict guidance from multiple sources; transforming it into clear concise and easily understood guidance.
Ability to serve as a project team leader and lead professional analysts in pursuing and achieving the objectives of complex, multi-faceted analysis assignments.
Skill in communicating complex information on resources planning and management findings and recommendations in various forms and to various audiences.
Broad, practical knowledge of the DoD cyberspace mission, major program objectives, functions and operations, and allocations of functional/program responsibilities to DoD elements.
Knowledge of security practices for ensuring the safeguarding of classified information.
PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE: Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week.
VOLUNTEER WORK EXPERIENCE: Refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service Programs (i.e., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student and social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge and skills that can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment.You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
ARE YOU USING YOUR EDUCATION TO QUALIFY? You MUSTprovide transcripts to support your educational claims. Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
FOREIGN EDUCATION: Education completed in foreign colleges or universities may be used to meet the requirements. You must show proof the education credentials have been deemed to be at least equivalent to that gained in conventional U.S. education program. It is your responsibility to provide such evidence when applying.
Employed Annuitants (Reemployed Annuitants): Applicants in receipt of an annuity based on civilian employment in the Federal Service are subject to the DoD Policy on The Employment of Annuitants. Click here for more information.
90-Day Register: This announcement may result in a 90-day register that may be used to fill like vacancies for 90 days after the closing date. Applicants may be referred for consideration as vacancies occur.
Selective Service: Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered or exempt from Selective Service. For additional information, click here.
Direct Deposit: All federal employees are required to have direct deposit.
Incentives: Recruitment and/or retention incentives may or may not be used.
If you have questions regarding this announcement and have hearing or speech difficulties click here.
When job announcements indicate PCS costs are authorized, overseas allowances may be authorized in accordance with Department of State Standardized Regulation (DSSR) and any applicable Federal Overseas Regulations.
Selectees who physically reside permanently in the U.S., the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico or Northern Mariana Islands, and the Possessions of the U.S., during the entire recruitment process (application, selection, and acceptance of a formal job offer) and selected for employment in the foreign area are eligible to receive certain foreign area benefits such as: Living Quarters Allowance (LQA) or government quarters, Post Allowance, Home Leave, etc. (subject to approval)
Selectees who physically reside outside the U.S., the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico or Northern Mariana Islands, and the Possessions of the U.S., during any step of the recruitment process (application, selection, and acceptance of a formal job offer) will have foreign area benefits eligibility be determined on a case by case basis.
Tax Law Impact for PCS:On 22-Dec-2017, Public Law 115-97 - the "Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2017 suspended qualified moving expense deductions along with the exclusion for employer reimbursements and payments of moving expenses effective 01-Jan-2018 for tax years 2018 through 2025. The law made taxable certain reimbursements and other payments, including driving mileage, airfare and lodging expenses, en-route travel to the new duty station, and temporary storage of those items. The Federal Travel Regulation Bulletin (FTR) 18-05 issued by General Services Administration (GSA) has authorized agencies to use the Withholding Tax Allowance (WTA) and Relocation Income Tax Allowance (RITA) to pay for "substantially all" of the increased tax liability resulting from the "2018 Tax Cuts and Jobs Act" for certain eligible individuals. For additional information on WTA/RITA allowances and eligibilities, please visit: https://www.gsa.gov/cdnstatic/FTR%20Bulletin%201805%20Relocation%20Allowances0.pdf
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your application package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the questionnaire) will be used to determine your eligibility, qualifications, and quality ranking for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating or consideration for employment.
Your responses to the questionnaire may be compared to the documents you submit. The documents you submit must support your responses to the online questionnaire. If your application contradicts or does not support your questionnaire responses, you will receive a rating of "not qualified" or "insufficient information" and you will not receive further consideration for this job.
Applicants who disqualify themselves will not be evaluated further.
Background checks and security clearance
Drug test required
- Required Documents
The following documents are required and must be provided with your application for this Public Notice:
- Online Application - Questionnaire
- Resume - must include beginning and ending month and year for each employment period
- Transcripts - if you are basing your qualifications on education or if the position requires education, you must submit copies of your transcripts
- Registration/License - active, current registration/license if applicablefor the position.
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Learn more about federal benefits.
Review our benefits
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
- How to Apply
How to Apply
The complete Application Package must be submitted by 11:59 PM (EST) on 12/19/2018
To preview the Application Questionnaire, please click the following link: https://apply.usastaffing.gov/ViewQuestionnaire/10373224
To begin the process, click the Apply Onlinebutton to create an account or log in to your existing USAJOBS account. Follow the prompts to complete the application questionnaire. Please ensure you click the Submit My Applicationbutton at the end of the process.
To apply for this position, you must provide a complete Application Package which includes:
- Your Resume (your latest resume will be used to determine your qualifications). If you submit more than one copy of your resume, only the most recent (latest) version will be reviewed. The latest timestamp will be used to determine which version of your resume is "most recent."
- It is your responsibility to check the status and timestamp of all documents you submit as part of your application.
- If your resume includes a photograph or other inappropriate material or content, you will not be considered for this vacancy.
- For qualification determinations your resume must contain hours worked per week and dates of employment (i.e., hours per week and month/year to month/year or month/year to present). If your resume does not contain this information, your application may be marked as insufficient and you will not receive consideration for this position.
- A complete Application Questionnaire
- Additional Required Documents (see Required Documents section). Ensure all submitted documents contain your full name.
If you are unable to apply online, view the following link for information regarding Alternate Application. The Vacancy ID is 10373224
PLEASE NOTE: It is the applicant's responsibility to verify that information entered and/or uploaded, (i.e., resume) is received, accurate, and submitted by the closing date. You may verify your documents have been processed with your application package successfully. You can access your USAJOBS account to do so by clicking here. Uploaded documents may take up to one hour to clear the virus scan.
Human Resources* WILL NOT*modify or change any answers submitted by an applicant.
Agency contact information
Total Force Service Center
DCIPS 550 C Street W JBSA Randolph AFB, TX 78150 US
Learn more about this agency
Once your application package is received an acknowledgement email will be sent.
If you provided an email address, you will receive an email message acknowledging receipt of your application.Your application package will be used to determine your eligibility and qualifications for consideration. If you are determined to be ineligible or not qualified, your application will receive no further consideration.
To check the status of your application or return to a previous or incomplete application, log into your USAJOBS account, select My Applications, and click on the more information link under the application status for this position.
If you do not provide an email address, you are responsible for checking status updates and notifications in USAJOBS. Hard copy notifications will not be sent to you.
- Fair & Transparent
Fair & Transparent
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
- Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) for federal employees & job applicants
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process should follow the instructions in the job opportunity announcement. For any part of the remaining hiring process, applicants should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, perform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits.
Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodations when:
- An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
You can request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the application or hiring process or while on the job. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
Learn more about disability employment and reasonable accommodations or how to contact an agency.
Legal and regulatory guidance
- Financial suitability
- Social security number request
- Privacy Act
- Signature and false statements
- Selective Service
- New employee probationary period
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/518651200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.
Open & closing dates: 12/04/2018 to 12/19/2018
Pay scale & grade: GG 14
Salary: $114,590 to $148,967 per year
Appointment type: Permanent - EXCEPTED
Work schedule: Full-Time