Belcan Satellite Ground Terminal Engineer in Fort Belvoir, Virginia
Satellite Ground Terminal Engineer
Job Number: 288183
Description: A Satellite Ground Terminal Engineer job in Ft. Belvoir, VA is currently available through Belcan with one of our premiere defense clients. In this role, you will be responsible for serving as the Subject Matter Expert (SME) for Ground Terminal, able to work in a collaborative environment with program engineers on site, able to mentor junior engineers on all aspects of the system. To be considered for this role, you will have a Bachelor’s degree in Systems Engineering, a related specialized area or field, plus a minimum of 8 years of relevant experience. A current active Department of Defense Top Secret security clearance with Poly (TS/SCI w/ Poly) is required at the time of hire.
Satellite Ground Terminal Engineer Job duties:
• Provide support and perform signal monitoring tasks that include alarm/discrepancy identification/isolation analysis from a control room for remote transmission across distributed network to include up/down frequency converters, modems, multiplexers, fiber optic data transport, ranging systems, HPAs, ADCs/DACs, and Digital Signal Processors (DSP) system/devices to assure product quality and discrepancy resolution to optimum parameters.
• Able to efficiently utilize sophisticated test equipment to sample RF signals at multiple locations.
• Track preventative and routine maintenance of electronic and electromechanical equipment for the Satellite Ground Terminal.
• Able to articulate system technical capabilities analyze system problems, and provide innovative solutions in a timely manner to customers, program management, and peers.
• Review new and revised technical documentation then provide updates as needed, adapt factory delivered processes and procedures into operational procedures, as well as identify and develop new processes and procedures to comply with program documentation requirements.
• 5 years of experience with Satellite Ground systems; detailed knowledge of Satellite Baseband Infrastructure.
• 2 years of experience working with telecommunications/signal processing equipment.
• Provide support for signal processing and routing equipment as well as test to ensure the integration of software, hardware, reliability, maintainability, safety and other requirements for Ground Terminal engineering efforts.
• Experience with telemetry, command, & ranging signal processing hardware such as bit syncs, frame syncs.
• Experience with up/down frequency converters, modems, multiplexers, fiber optic data transport, ranging systems, HPAs, ADCs/DACs, and Digital Signal Processors (DSP) system/devices.
If you are interested in this Satellite Ground Terminal Engineer job in Ft. Belvoir, VA, please apply via the “apply now” link provided.
Belcan is a global supplier of engineering, technical recruiting, and IT services to customers in the aerospace, industrial, and government sectors. Belcan engineers better outcomes through adaptive and integrated services—from jet engines, airframe, and avionics to heavy vehicles, chemical processing, and cybersecurity. Belcan takes a partnering approach to provide customer-driven solutions that are flexible, scalable, and cost-effective. Our unique capabilities have led to continuous growth and success for nearly 60 years. We are a team-driven Equal Opportunity Employer committed to workforce diversity.
Location: Fort Belvoir , VA
Minimum Experience (yrs): 8
Required Education: Bachelor (BA, BS...)
Return to search results Email this job to a friend
If you have previously registered with us, pleaseLog into apply for this position.
*Logged in members may also add jobs to their job cart