SAIC Ground Operations Site Systems Engineer SETA in FORT BELVOIR, Virginia
SAIC has an opening for a Senior Level SETA to provide advisory services in a fast-paced and dynamic environment supporting an operations site entity. The successful applicant will directly support divisional senior leaders at site. The applicant must provide high confidence value-added judgment, impeccable written and oral skills, exceptional technical expertise, insightful guidance and counsel, continuity of knowledge, and advice to all levels of government management from junior through senior leadership at site.
• Support the Enterprise Operations Government team as a SETA coordinating and assisting the operations team.
• Lead for managing, coordinating and executing the training program for Mission Directors and ongoing Divisional proficiency training
• Afford assessment of Mission Directors certification progress,facilitate board(s) and make recommendations to board(s)
• Advocate for operational interests and provides recommendations to the government team including the Division Chief
• Provide recommendations and counsel to the Commander and Deputy as appropriate
• Understand and translate headquarters policy and guidance for Division Chief’s visionand afford an executable plan
• Prepare complete and polished briefs and documentation for the Division Chief
• Serve as a role model Operator, solely responsible for the content of station overview.Ensure the proficiency and ability of station personnel to conduct overview briefing
• Interact with other SETA representatives and contractors across the site and elsewhere in the Mission Operations Enterprise
• Interact and communicate with junior and senior leadership providing recommendations as appropriate
• Coordinate, manage and execute site recall procedures
• Coordinate, manage and respond to actions impacting the Operations Division
• Must be self-motivated with exceptional interpersonal and written/verbal communication skills
Clearance required to start: TS/SCI with Polygraph
Clearance able to maintain: TS/SCI with Polygraph
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE :
• Typically requires Bachelor’s Degree in technical discipline (Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, or Physics)
• Typically requires 9+ years of NRO systems engineering experience with 4+ years of related NRO Mission Operations Command and Control experience (minimum of 2 years of this experience operating GEOINT systems) or 7 years total NRO systems engineering experience (with Masters) with 4+ years of related NRO Mission Operations Command and Control experience (minimum of 2 years of this experience operating GEOINT systems).
• Ability to identify system impacts and pitfalls associated with integrating and operating complex C2 architecture.
• Experience with operational performance specification review and quality assurance plan management
• Experience in concept development, requirements definition, and resiliency trade studies
• Desired experience with end-to-end program lifecycle, from concept development and design to deployment and operational maintenance.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Excellent MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel) MS Outlook, MS Project proficiency.
• GEOINT systems architecture
• Operations of systems using AWS architectures
• INCOSE CSEP
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation’s most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
- SAIC Jobs