Continental Corporation Maintenance Technician II - Assembly in Fletcher, North Carolina
Maintenance Technician II - Assembly
This position is for a 12 hour (7pm - 7am) night shift.
Maintains production and support equipment to planned production and quality specifications. Responsibility includes electronic, pneumatic, hydraulic and mechanical components. Responsible for change over activities including tooling. Plans, installs and qualifies new equipment.
• Plans, installs, maintains, rebuilds, and repairs a wide variety of machinery requiring the use of ordinary and specialized tools and devices.
• Performs work on electronic, mechanical, and pneumatic/hydraulic systems.
• Assumes a responsible role in the output and quality of equipment in his area.
• Additional activities: May be required to setup and use ladders and hand and power trucks.
• Trains production technical and support personnel as required
• Actively participates in cost reduction, continuous improvement and team activities
• Compliance to all Continental and Henderson plant permits, policies and procedures including, but not limited to, environmental, health, safety, security, ISO 14001 and Environmental Management systems, TS 16949 and Quality Management Systems, Human Resources policies, and Continental Business System elements.
• Complete work orders sheets and log work in SAPPM program.
• Maintain a clean and orderly work area.
• Maintains equipment function and performs production set ups.
• Perform associated duties as required
• Use of, and ability to be certified on, forklift and material handling equipment, lifts and booms
• Ability to understand and follow mechanical and electrical schematics or drawings or written directions or programs
• Must display the ability to self-manage time and project assignments
• Basic understanding of program logic and complex integrated systems
• Readily use root cause analysis and problem-solving skills to diagnose most mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic or electrical system failures
• Repair equipment in a safe, timely and professional manner
• Good general industrial safety guidelines (Fire evacuation, accident reporting, PPE, Lockout/Tagout, hot work permits, waste disposal, confined space work)
• Good interpersonal skills and ability to train others.
• Associate degree OR 8,000 hour state approved apprenticeship certificate
• 5 years of general work experience
*This position will not offer relocation or visa sponsorship. *
Division Footer Text
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
The Chassis & Safety division develops, produces and markets intelligent systems to improve driving safety and vehicle dynamics. Integral active and passive safety technologies and products that support vehicle dynamics provide greater safety, comfort and convenience. The goal here is to implement “Vision Zero,” the vision of accident-free driving.
Manufacturing Operations and Production
Chassis and Safety
EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Continental offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. In addition, as a federal contractor, Continental complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Continental has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply. If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply for other opportunities as they become available. Further, Continental provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to North.America.Recruiting@continental-corporation.com or contact US Recruiting at 248.209.4000.
- Continental Corporation Jobs