WestRock Sr. Electrical Project Engineer in Fernandina Beach, Florida
WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 50,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 320 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com .
Sr. Electrical Project Engineer - Fernandina Beach, FL
600 North 8th Street
Fernandina Beach, Florida, 32034
The Sr. Project Engineer manages all phases of capital and expense projects from inception through disposition of final project documentation; provides technical support for Maintenance and Operations activities and supports general mill goals for safety, environmental and other concerns.
Primary Duties andResponsibilities:
- Manage multiple capital and maintenance projects, including design, purchasing, contract and construction management, financial, and documentation – done with the proper involvement of key stakeholders.
- Manage ongoing facilities infrastructure maintenance programs.
Purchase all project materials and equipment for project completion.
Assist in the attainment of general mill goals by serving on special teams or supplying teams with necessary technical support.
Supply technical assistance for equipment failure analysis and preservation.
- Prepare, review and update mill specifications and review “management of change” proposals.
- Accurately investigate and define problems and their relative scope.
- Develop and evaluate alternate solutions.
- Investigate and define consequences and benefits of alternate solutions.
- Estimate project costs and schedules.
- Design, and coordinate development of drawings and specifications.
- Evaluate, recommend, and procure spare parts required.
- Ensure adherence to all regulatory, safety, and WestRock requirements.
- Lead a team to recommend and select equipment, consultants, and contractors to execute the assigned projects.
- Assist in preparation of annual capital and expense project budgets.
- Provide and ensure safe, accident free projects.
- Ensure Operation and Maintenance training is conducted and successfully implemented.
- General project management, schedule, and cost control.
- Oversee the design of electrical and process control systems followed by construction coordination and startup and commissioning services.
Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering or Electrical Engineering Technology.
Five or more years related experience in an industrial manufacturing environment – Pulp & Paper experience preferred.
- Experience in four or more of the following seven areas:
- Power distribution systems / Process instrumentation systems
- Distributed control systems / Programmable logic controllers
- Coordinated drive systems / Variable speed AC and DC drives
- Low and medium voltage motor control centers
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Customer Focus
- Problem Solving
- Ethics and Values
- Integrity and Trust
- Written Communications
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.
Sr. Electrical Project Engineer
- WestRock Jobs