Cognosante Technical Proposal Writer in Falls Church, Virginia
The Technical Proposal Writer develops proposal content by gathering information to determine concept; writing drafts; and obtaining consensus and approvals. The Technical Proposal Writer will also determine proposal concept by identifying and clarifying opportunities and needs, studying requests for proposal (RFPs), and actively participating in strategy meetings.
- Gathers proposal data from various sources of information; interviews subject matter experts on technical and management topics; coordinates collection and integration of review and final documents; identifies and communicates risks associated with proposal strategy and solutions.
- Meets proposal deadlines by prioritizing and communicating target dates for response development tasks, such as gathering information, writing, recovering after reviews, and obtaining approvals
- Develops proposal content by reviewing and understanding solicitation requirements and assembling information that includes project nature and objectives, deliverables, expectedoutcomes and benefits,solution implementation, methods, timetables, staffing, budget, standards of performance, and reporting.
- Support Business Development and Proposal Operations staff on various related duties, such as pre-solicitation, and post-submittal activities.
- Drafts, writes, revises, and edits proposal content and, as required, other corporate communications such as reports and presentations.
- Maintains document presentation quality by using templates; follows industry and corporate proposal-writing standards, including readability, consistency, and tone.
- Obtains consensus and approvals by collaborating with business developer, capture manager, proposal manager, program/project manager, and subject matter experts.
- Improves proposal-writing results by evaluating, re-designing, and implementing changes to processes, approaches, and updated content, and by maintaining proposal support databases.
- Maintains task visibility by entering proposal tracking data, communicating regularly with Proposal Manager and other contributors; and providing assignment status information in standup meetings and reviews.
- Accomplishes organization goals by taking ownership of new and career-expanding tasks; explores opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Maintains technical knowledge by participating in educational opportunities.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 4+ years of related experience
- Knowledge of, and proficiency in, Chicago Manual of Style and Associated Press Stylebook
- High proficiency in MS Word’s editing, review, graphics/tables, and layout features
Additional Minimum Qualifications
- Experience collaborating in proposal teams to deliver an effective product
- Experience developing technical documentation
- Expertise in, and ability to improve, writing development processes
- Experience with SharePoint is a plus, but not required
- Ability to conceptualize graphics as part of writing assignment
- Strong problem-solving and presentation skills
- Ability to support and meet dynamic and tight deadlines, including beyond regular hours, in a customer-oriented environment
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills (a writing sample may be provided)
- Exceptional facilitation and organization skills
- Knowledgeable of recent technological trends in the health industry
- Ability to plan and prioritize strategically
We’re on a mission to transform our country’s healthcare system.
Each of our 1,700+ colleagues across the United States plays a role in transforming the lives of millions of Americans. This mission drives us - and it adds meaning to what we do, each and every day. Our passion for serving public health programs, and for engaging consumers more directly with the healthcare system, runs deep.
Passion for what we do. Pride in how we do it.
Cognosante was founded to address a critical gap in the health IT market – the need for a smart, nimble company, unencumbered by legacy systems and unafraid to challenge accepted wisdom. Experience grounds us; innovation drives us. For almost 30 years, we’ve worked to find progressive solutions to complex problems.
We help state Medicaid agencies navigate healthcare reform. We provide community-based assistance to Americans as they enroll in healthcare coverage. And we dream of, design, and develop IT solutions meant to disrupt the status quo and connect the dots between patients, plans, providers, and payers. We are the best minds on health - and we’re looking to grow our team.
Are you ready to make a difference in the lives of millions? Join us.
Highlighted Benefits for Full-time Employees
•Medical • Dental • Vision • 401k • Flexible Spending Accounts • Paid Time Off • Work/Life Solutions • Pet Insurance
C ognosante is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. Cognosante is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 703-206-6015 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.