Inova Health Systems RN UNIT SUPERVISOR in FALLS CHURCH, Virginia
Why Inova? Follow the link to learn more about us! *History of Inova *
We honor our RN’S for providing world-class healthcare-every time, every touch- to each person in every community we have the privilege to serve! Follow the link to learn about our Nurse's!
Inova is the only health system in the country where all 5 hospitals received five-star rankings from the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services; they are the only hospitals in the Washington, DC region to have earned the highest rating from the federal agency. Inova is home to prominent clinicians and scientists, who drive innovation to improve patient care, prevent disease and promote wellness.
This position is eligible for a competitive Sign On and Relocation Bonus for qualified candidates.
Inova Fairfax Hospital is hiring a full time, RN Unit Supervisor for the Medical Critical Care Step-down Unit.
The MCCSU is a 24 bed acute care unit specializing in the care of stable but critically ill patients. Our goal is to provide transition level care to patients who while stable, still require a high degree of support. The IMC patient population consists of a wide range of both medical and surgical diagnosis including: Kidney transplant, Diabetic Ketoacidosis, Respiratory Disorders, End of Life Cancer, and Ventilator management with an emphasis on weaning. Assignments are based on patient acuity and staff skill level. The usual nurse/patient ratio is 3:1.
The RN Unit Supervisor will function in a strategic leadership position, helping to support the day to day unit operations while providing their expertise and leading by example to ensure that all patients on the unit receive high quality, compassionate, and timely care.
- The successful candidate will be able to plan, organize, and direct nursing staff, assisting as needed.
- They will be able to review, report, and follow through on any patient or staff concerns; escalating to unit and/or hospital leadership, as necessary.
- They will promote a culture of safety and excellence at all times.
- The RN Unit Supervisor is a front line leader who is accountable for delivering highly reliable results related to quality and best practices to improve clinical operation of the unit.
- (S)he will be focused on expanding knowledge and skills; consistently provides effective direct care as part of the interdisciplinary team to a diverse medical and oncology patient population.
- The RN Unit Supervisor will be able to manage care and implement treatment plans in collaboration with patients, their families, physicians, and other members of the healthcare team.
- This unit supports educational, professional, and advancement goals through tuition reimbursement, certification bonuses, and opportunities for advancement through the Inova ADVANCE RN Clinical Ladder.
- The Medical unit has 36 comfortably appointed, private inpatient rooms.
- The unit includes a caritas (relaxation) room for staff in addition to a staff locker/break room. We are a dynamic group who respect and encourage teamwork and peer to peer recognition and mentoring.
- Staff is actively involved in Shared Governance through committee work, both on the unit and hospital level; ensuring that nurses are involved in decision making and have a voice at all levels of the organization.
- We pride ourselves on our low staff turnover, high staff and patient satisfaction scores, and our enriching and supportive work environment.
Inova hospitals were once again awarded ‘A’ grades for the Spring 2020 Leapfrog Hospital Safety Grades. Our commitment to keeping patients safe, means there’s no safer place for you to work.
Inova is well stocked with the best and latest PPE
Strict PPE requirements for all staff and visitors
All team members are trained in the latest screening guidelines
Masks are provided to patients entering our buildings, and offered free to visitors
New safety wayfinding and social distancing signage is installed everywhere
Waiting rooms and registration areas are arranged for social distancing
We deep-clean our facilities nightly; we wipe surfaces and sanitize throughout the day
Hand sanitizer is available everywhere at all times
All team members are required to practice frequent hand washing
Patients with symptoms are immediately directed to separate exam rooms
Covid-19 patients are isolated in dedicated areas
Inova operates drive-through Covid-19 testing sites that are far removed from the main facilities
At least one year of Registered Nurse Clinical experience required; More than two years of Registered Nurse Clinical Experience specific to the focus of nursing unit is preferred
Recent Acute Care experience and/or nursing practice experience
- BSN or MSN Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
- An exception may be granted for RNs who do not have a BSN. Associate Degree RN’s must be able to obtain BSN within one year of hire.
- Special training Completion of revised Charge Nurse Workshop within the first 90 days
- Previous leadership course completion preferred
- RN License to practice in the Commonwealth of Virginia
- BLS for Healthcare Provider certification required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Exhibits leadership ability that fosters teamwork and retention
- Demonstrates professionalism and ability to remain calm and lead in dynamic and busy situations
- Proficiency in computer skills, Microsoft Office and healthcare software required
- Strong problem-solving capabilities and prioritization
- Can serve as a resource and mentor to other clinical staff on the unit.
Work Site Location: INOVA FAIRFAX MEDICAL CAMPUS
Work Site Address: 3300 GALLOWS ROAD
Schedule: Days Vary
Work Site City/State: FALLS CHURCH, VA
Shift: 12 hour Day