Inova Health Systems RN UNIT SUPERVISOR in FALLS CHURCH, Virginia
Inova’s mission is to provide world-class healthcare – every time, every touch – to each person in every community we have the privilege to serve.
Inova is the only health system in the country where all 5 hospitals received five-star rankings from the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services; they are the only hospitals in the Washington, DC region to have earned the highest rating from the federal agency. Inova is home to prominent clinicians and scientists, who drive innovation to improve patient care, prevent disease and promote wellness.
Inova Fairfax Hospital is hiring a full time RN Unit Supervisor for the Acute Pulmonary Unit.
APU is a fast paced, top performing unit with core values of team work, patient advocacy, and excellent patient care. It is our mission to create a positive and supportive work environment for our staff to learn and grow. Our culture encourages staff to function with high standards of critical thinking, autonomy, and respect for the multidisciplinary team. Our specialty patient population includes but is not limited to: COPD, Asthma, Cystic Fibrosis, Pulmonary Fibrosis, Acute respiratory failure, Pre-lung transplant patients, Lung cancer, Sarcoidosis, and Inpatient Hospice patients. Key aspects of our unit that allow us to perform high quality care: Entirely private patient care rooms, Quarterly unit based education (including advanced lung disease processes), Competitive nursing ratios with 3-4:1 both dayshifts and nightshift, Highly trained charge nurses (out of staffing 24/7 as a resource), Highly involved core management team (including our clinical director), unit supervisors, and patient navigators to assist with education and transitional care needs along with CNA and phlebotomy support. Qualities that would make you right for our team: Critical thinking skills, Autonomy, Flexibility, Proactivity, Delegation skills, Eagerness to learn, Compassion, Effective communication skills, and above all a passion for patient care.
We look forward to you joining our team and allowing us to guide you on your journey to become the best clinical nurse you can be. Please see the link below for a patient story about our IHVI staff.
Honoring Inova Heart and Vascular Institute #LI-SC1
Inova hospitals were once again awarded ‘A’ grades for the Spring 2020 Leapfrog Hospital Safety Grades. Our commitment to keeping patients safe, means there’s no safer place for you to work.
- Inova is well stocked with the best and latest PPE
- Strict PPE requirements for all staff and visitors
- All team members are trained in the latest screening guidelines
- Masks are provided to patients entering our buildings, and offered free to visitors
- New safety wayfinding and social distancing signage is installed everywhere
- Waiting rooms and registration areas are arranged for social distancing
- We deep-clean our facilities nightly; we wipe surfaces and sanitize throughout the day
- Hand sanitizer is available everywhere at all times
- All team members are required to practice frequent hand washing
- Patients with symptoms are immediately directed to separate exam rooms
- Covid-19 patients are isolated in dedicated areas
- Inova operates drive-through Covid-19 testing sites that are far removed from the main facilities
- At least one year of Registered Nurse Clinical experience (Prefer more than 2 years of Registered Nurse) Clinical Experience specific to the focus of nursing unit
- Associate Degree RNs within one year of completing their BSN; Prefer BSN or MSN.
- Completion of revised Charge Nurse Workshop within the first 90 days
- BLS required
- Specialty certification (as required by unit) within 1 year of hire
- Licensed to practice as an RN in the Commonwealth of Virginia
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Exhibits leadership ability that fosters teamwork and retention
- Demonstrates professionalism and ability to remain calm and lead in dynamic and busy situations
- Proficiency in computer skills, Microsoft Office and healthcare software required
- Strong problem-solving capabilities and prioritization
- Can serve as a resource and mentor to other clinical staff on the unit
Work Site Location: INOVA FAIRFAX MEDICAL CAMPUS
Work Site Address: 3300 GALLOWS ROAD
Schedule: Days Vary
Work Site City/State: FALLS CHURCH, VA