Inova Health Systems REGISTERED NURSE in FALLS CHURCH, Virginia
We Value Your Experience
This position is eligible for a $20,000 Sign On Bonus!
Registered Nurses with at least two years of Critical Care RN experience are eligible to receive a $20,000 sign on bonus. Those relocating from more than 50 miles away will also receive up to $20,000 in reimbursable relocation expenses. Your Critical Care RN experience must be within the same specialty area you are hired into. Those entering fellowship programs are not eligible. Accepting the bonus requires signing a 3 year employment agreement.
We are seeking a full time experienced nurse in the field of cardiology or telemetry to join our team on the Progressive Coronary Care Unit at Inova Fairfax Hospital’s Heart and Vascular Institute. PCCU is a fast paced, top performing unit with core values or team work, patient advocacy, and excellent patient care. It is our mission to create a positive and supportive work environment for our staff to learn and grow. Our culture encourages staff to function with high standards of critical thinking, autonomy, and respect for the multidisciplinary team.
Our specialty patient population includes but is not limited to:
- AMI/NSTEMI/STEMI pre and post PCI/PTCA
- Interventional recovery
- Pre-operative open heart patients
- CHF exacerbation requiring Bipap/highflow/high level diuresis
- Arrhythmia management including TVP, AICD, PPM, and antiarrhythmic loading
Key aspects of our unit that allows us to perform high quality care:
- Bedside monitors with 12 lead EKG capability
- Entirely private patient care rooms
- Quarterly unit based education including advanced EKG interpretation and disease processes
- Competitive nursing ratios with 3-4:1 on days and 4:1 on nights
- Highly trained charge nurses out of staffing 24/7 for resource
- Highly involved core management team including our clinical director, unit supervisors, and patient navigator to assist with education and transitional care needs
- A zero tolerance policy for negativity or disrespect between team members
- Clinical technicians to provide CNA and phlebotomy support
Qualities that would make you right for our team:
- Critical thinking skills
- Delegation skills
- Eagerness to learn
- Effective communication skills
- Above all a passion for patient care
We look forward to you joining our team and allowing us to guide you on your journey to become the best clinical nurse you can be. Please see the link below for additional information regarding Inova’s Heart and Vascular Institute.
Click the image below to take a virtual tour of our facility.
A minimum of 6 months of Registered Nurse clinical experience in the acute care setting
Education: BSN or MSN or if Associates Degree RN-Within 6 months of start date, meet with nurse leader:
Identify which Accredited School the employee plans to attend
Submit a review of transcript from the school indicating the required pre-requisites and timeline for taking the courses
Provide a written plan with anticipated BSN completion date. Complete BSN within 24 months of start date
BLS for Healthcare Provider Certification required
RN licensed, or eligible to practice in the Commonwealth of Virginia as a RN
Proficient in English, strong verbal and written communication skills. Exceptional interpersonal skill and the ability to display a caring demeanor towards others. Proficient computer skills required.
Work Site Location: INOVA FAIRFAX MEDICAL CAMPUS
Work Site Address: 3300 GALLOWS ROAD
Schedule: Days Vary
Work Site City/State: FALLS CHURCH, VA
Shift: 12 hour Day/Night