Inova Health Systems REGISTERED NURSE PRN CC in FALLS CHURCH, Virginia
Inova Health System is hiring for an experienced Registered Nurse *for our *Inova Children's Hospital ED, an award-winning 186-bed, full-service children’s hospital devoted to the healthcare of infants, children and adolescents. PRN position-shifts will vary; 4-6 shift per 6 week schedule minimum Strongly prefer 2 years minimum Peds ED experience
Located at our Inova Fairfax campus in Falls Church Virginia, Fairfax was recently named "best hospital in the DC area" by US News and World Report for the fourth year in a row. Inova Health System employees more than 16,500 talented individuals who provide exceptional patient care in a practice environment which promotes team work and personal growth. Expectations are high for the individuals we select, but the employment experience offers total compensation providing a competitive salary and a tailored benefits package including a variety of medical and dental plans, paid time off, on-site child care and a broad range of voluntary benefits and work life programs. Whether you seek opportunities in a community setting or an academic medical center, the depth of Inova Health System can allow you to achieve your goals, recognize your contributions and inspire excellent patient care.
The Inova RN:
- Provides knowledgeable and caring clinical practice and care coordination through an understanding of patient, family, nurse, and healthcare delivery team.
- Consistently provides safe, therapeutic care in a holistic and systematic way. Incorporates differences into the provision of care.
- Conducts all patient care in a patient and family-centered manner.
- Integrates knowledge, skills, and experiences to meet the needs of patients and families throughout the continuum, to include patient and family education.
- Uses an integrated approach toward patient outcomes.
- Serves as an empowering body to influence patient empowerment, and successful outcomes of financial and clinical quality, through relationships and access-based knowledge. Utilizes standards, guidelines, and pathways for care delivery.
- Determines process for delivery of care from direct patient and family communication, technology, and other healthcare team member collaboration.
- Ensures improvements in practice settings by assuming responsibility for self-development in life-long learning
- Provides direction and guidance to others regarding practice.
Requires a minimum of six months of Registered Nurse clinical experience in the acute care setting. BSN or AD Required If RN has an AD, within 6 months of start date the RN must meet with their nurse leader and * Identify which Accredited School the employee plans to attend * Submit a review of transcript from the school indicating the required pre-requisites and timeline for taking the courses * Provide a written plan with anticipated BSN completion date. * Complete BSN within 24 months of start date RN licensed, or eligible to practice in the Commonwealth of Virginia as an RN. BLS for Healthcare Provider certification required Proficient in English. Strong verbal and written communication skills. Exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to display a caring demeanor toward others. Proficient computer skills required. CEN/ACLS/PALS certification desired.
Work Site Location: INOVA FAIRFAX MEDICAL CAMPUS
Work Site Address: 3300 GALLOWS ROAD
Schedule: Monday-Friday with rotating weekends
Work Site City/State: FALLS CHURCH, VA