General Electric Sr Staff Application Operations Engineer in Evendale, Ohio
Role Summary:This role will lead the deployment of cross-instance ERP quality assurance technologies and processes for the Aviation Digital Technology Enterprise Products Oracle ERP teams. The focus will be on strategic ennoblement and product quality to enable execution of programs across the ERP ecosystem.
Be a thought leader for testing automation and develop strategies for this delivery.
Design and implement regression and automated testing strategies for highly complex modules and critical components within the Oracle ERPs to deliver business outcomes that ensure quality software deliverables.
Provide subject matter expertise in quality engineering processes and methodologies with ability to adapt and improvise in a changing environment.
Remain current with emerging Oracle technologies. Use industry standard best practices for manual regression & automated testing.
Mentor and provide technical leadership to technical team members.
Proactively identifies and removes obstacles on behalf of the team.
Demonstrates mastery of the intricacies of interactions and dynamics in Agile teams.
Uses data, practical knowledge and innovative insights to drive timely decisions, determine appropriate courses of action, and forecast future needs while managing risk and uncertainty for the team.
Navigates through ambiguity, prioritizes conflicting asks and shows ability to adapt to changing priorities.
Participate in budgeting, process and manage IT Infrastructure related projects and investments.
Qualifications/Requirements:• Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or in “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math)
• Minimum of 8 years of professional experience in software engineering
Desired Characteristics:•Experience in implementing and / or supporting Oracle E-Business Suite
• Experience in PL/SQL, SQL, Forms 10g /11g, Reports 10g/11g, and Appworx scheduling tool
• Proficient with Agile software development practices.
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Strong interpersonal, leadership and problem-solving skills while working effectively as a team.
• Proficiency operating within a globally distributed team. Collaborates well with others.
• High level of energy and enthusiasm with the ability to thrive in a rapidly changing environment. Continuous focus toward the Aviation vision and business priorities.
• Able to provide hands-on technical leadership in design and support of Openstack environment
• Able to ensure understanding of issues and present clear rationale. Able to speak to mutual
needs and win-win solutions.
• Innovates and integrates new processes and technology to significantly add value to GE. Identifies how the cost of change weighs against the benefits and advises accordingly. Proactively learns new solutions and processes to address seemingly unanswerable problems.
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.com
At GE Aviation, we are imagination at work. Whether we’re
manufacturing components for our GEnx engines or driving innovation in fuel and noise reduction, the GE Aviation
teams are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into advances in aviation that solve some of the world’s toughest
problems. Join us and you’ll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in
research and development keeps us moving forward and looking ahead. At GE, developing people is embedded in our
culture and integral to our growth. Here you’ll work collaboratively and across functions with the highest caliber talent, utilizing cutting-edge technology and processes. Whether it’s the next generation of ecomagination products
or the future of aircraft engines, we’ve got the state-of-the-art resources to make those innovations a reality. If you’re
passionate about aviation and looking for a career rich with challenges and unlimited opportunities for growth and
advancement, then join GE in reengineering the sky through aviation innovations that will impact the globe for
generations to come.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).Additional Locations:United States;Michigan, Ohio;Evendale, Cincinnati, Van Buren Township;
- General Electric Jobs