BioReference Laboratories Associate Product Manager, Marketing (FT, 40 hours) in ELMWOOD PARK, New Jersey
This is an exciting time to join our dynamic organization. OPKO Health is a diversified healthcare company that seeks to establish industry-leading positions in large, rapidly growing markets, including pharmaceuticals, diagnostics, and biologics. OPKO's diagnostics business includes BioReference Laboratories, the nation's third-largest and fastest growing clinical laboratory over the last 35 years, which provides diagnostic testing to physician offices, hospitals, and clinics, among others, and GeneDx, a rapidly growing genetics and genomics laboratory that applies cutting edge technologies to make efficient clinical diagnostic testing and interpretation available for individuals with rare and common genetic conditions. Come join our team and become part of something big, by making our patients and customers the highest priority.
GeneDx is seeking an Associate Product Manager (FT, 40 hours) to work out of the Elmwood Park, NJ location
*Schedule: * Monday through Friday 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
GeneDx is a rapidly growing CAP and CLIA certified diagnostic genetic testing laboratory for molecular genetics. Our historic mission has been to make clinical diagnostic testing available for people with genetic conditions and their families. We apply cutting edge technologies that provide a wide array of molecular genetic diagnostic tests, including whole exome sequencing and next-generation sequencing panels. We specialize in genetic testing for rare hereditary disorders, but also test for common disorders. To learn more about GeneDx, please visit our website at www.genedx.com.
The GeneDx Associate Product Manager is a key player in the development and execution of the road map for clinical marketing programs. This position is instrumental in supporting the design, development, and implementation of marketing campaigns and activities for a specific product line.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
Include but are not limited to:
- Works with the Sales and Clinical Team to facilitate physician and patient education through brochures, videos, websites, e-blasts, presentations, speaking programs, etc.
- Understands product markets, and articulates conceptualization of the current marketplace for products
- Successfully crafts, implements, and monitors marketing plans to drive product growth
- Reports on qualitative and quantitative successes and failures of marketing programs
- Executes projects as planned and to a consistently high quality with minimal guidance
- Leads cross-functional, internal and external efforts to achieve results
- Understands and clearly communicates the medical background and clinical utility of products and effectively communicates the implications to both technical and non-technical people
- Understands, creates and updates models of market size, penetration, and competitive share
- Demonstrates deep understanding of scientific and technical aspects of the product, and can translate this knowledge into appropriate strategic plans for review & approval
- Effectively solicits input from other departments and uses this information to shape appropriate strategies
- Efficiently manages vendors and other external resources to ensure consistent, high quality results within the planned budget
- Demonstrates ability to modify plans in response to new data, in order to improve results
- Demonstrates deep understanding of the customer and their needs, and how these needs vary by segment
- Actively monitors the performance of our assays and proactively identifies bottlenecks and delays, and proposed opportunities for improvement times
- Actively leads and participates in project teams, enthusiastically takes on new challenges
- Effectively communicates with others both orally and in writing, ensures that all who need to know have what they need
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree
- 2-5 years of work experience in marketing
- Excellent communication skills (written, oral and presentational)
- Proficient at communicating with and presenting to clinicians, colleagues, and the lay public
- Proficient in PowerPoint, Word and Excel
- Availability to travel 20% of the time
- Master's degree
- Experience in healthcare field and basic knowledge of the clinical diagnostic market highly desired
- Experience in genetics with knowledge and insight into the clinical diagnostic market
- Focus on development and tactical execution of the marketing plan
- High energy, enthusiasm and overall positive attitude with demonstrated ability to learn complex medical topics quickly
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and changing environment
- Ability to collaborate with and motivate teams comprised of medical, R&D;, lab, IT, sales, billing, purchasing, etc.
- Possess exceptional organization skills and ability to multi-task with minimal supervision
- Must be able to identify, access and resolve complex business problems/issues/risks and facilitate issue resolution and risk mitigation
- Strategic focus and results orientation
GeneDx is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer
Location: ELMWOOD PARK , NJ 07407
Req Number: GDX-18-4537