Cigna Network Security Manager in Eden Prairie, Minnesota
It's fun to work in a company where people truly BELIEVE in what they are doing!
We're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business.
As a member of Cigna’s Network Services team you will help build and manage network technologies that will connect Cigna’s employees with its customers, put resources in the hands of the health professionals who need them and help Cigna play its part in the future of healthcare. Here, you will drive positive change from within a $40 billion health insurance and related benefits leader. The work you will do directing and leading the design and operations of technology solutions, preparing budgets, delivering strategic business plans, and reducing cost will translate directly into improved operational costs for the organization. Supported by the resources you need to make informed and accurate business decisions, you will be empowered to maximize your performance and that of the organization.
The Manager for Network Security will be responsible for engineering, architecture, planning, implementation and monitoring of Cigna’s network security in order to safeguard Cigna network assets and information, and to comply with applicable laws and regulations. Other responsibilities include leading tactical improvements by designing and building short and long term detailed plans, roadmaps and standards to ensure data center capabilities and security meet current and future requirements. The position will direct teams in maintaining Cigna’s infrastructure and processes, and provide guidance over all security aspects of data network implementation. The office will also coordinate closely with the Security Architect in the design and implementation of security architecture and processes.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Lead and manage a group network security engineers to deliver and complete assigned initiatives
· Provide technical leadership and vision around network security monitoring, implementation and processes with balance of scalability, stability, cost, robustness and flexibility
· Evaluate new network initiatives and technologies for potential security impacts, and develop remediation and mitigation strategies
· Build and direct teams responsible for oversight, delivery and management of Cigna security-related projects from conception to completion
· Discuss strategy with architecture teams and provide insight with respect to alignment with current/future security strategy (e.g., technologies, shift in risks/needs)
· Conduct periodic vulnerability and security audits, and take necessary actions to remediate vulnerabilities
· Plan proactive measures to avoid potential security incidents
· Ensure all network equipment and devices are kept up to date with the latest patches and security fixes.
· Keep abreast with industry alerts and technology trends and best practices related to security
· Lead reporting and remediation efforts surrounding audit compliance
· Lead implementation and testing of security-related changes to the hardware and software operation environment
· Present and communicate regular updates to the senior leadership team
Several years of experience in data network engineering and/or management, including extensive management and organization of high-performing teams
A couple years of experience with IT or network security
Experience with federal and state healthcare information regulations and requirements (e.g. HIPAA)
Advanced knowledge of security protocols and implementations including IPSec, NAT, ACLs
· Working knowledge of firewall technology (Cisco PIX, ASA, Fortinet, Palo Alto, Juniper, etc.)
· Working knowledge of Virtual Private Networks (VPN)
· Working knowledge of Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS), Intrusion Prevention Systems (IPS), and Security Information and Event Managers (SIEMs)
· Implementation experience or deep understanding of network (WAN, LAN and data centers) security, its components and risks/issues in this area
· Ability to lead large, complex network initiatives in a matrixed organization
· Experience working in an outsourced managed services environment
· Experience leading a technical team through a comprehensive technology conversion over an accelerated delivery schedule
Skilled in examining and re-engineering workflows, operations and procedures
Demonstrated strategic thinking around network security services with quantifiable improvements from previous engagements
· Ability to drive results (focused execution, technical expertise)
Exhibit strong organizational skills and ability to meet deadlines
Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
Ability to motivate teams and simultaneously manage the operations and several highly visible corporate initiatives
Qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status.
If you require an accommodation based on your physical or mental disability please email: SeeYourself@cigna.com. Do not email SeeYourself@cigna.com for an update on your application or to provide your resume as you will not receive a response.
We’re a global health service company dedicated to helping people improve their health, well-being and sense of security. We offer an integrated suite of health services, such as medical, dental, behavioral health, pharmacy, vision, supplemental benefits, and other related products that serve over 95 million customers around the world. When you work with us, you’ll enjoy a different kind of career - you’ll make a difference, learn a ton, and change the way people think about health insurance. To see our culture in action, search #TeamCigna on Twitter or Instagram.
- Cigna Jobs