Google Head of Supply Chain Operations, Google Fiber in Durham, North Carolina
Note: By applying to this position your application is automatically submitted to the following locations: Durham, NC, USA; Raleigh, NC, USA
Google's projects, like our users, span the globe and require managers to keep the big picture in focus. As a Supply Chain Operations Lead at Google, you lead complex, multi-disciplinary projects. You plan requirements with internal customers and usher projects through the entire project lifecycle. This includes managing project schedules, identifying risks and clearly communicating goals to project stakeholders. Your projects often span offices, time zones and hemispheres, and it's your job to keep all the players coordinated on the project's progress and deadlines.
As a Supply Chain Operations Lead, you will need to identify internal processes and build solutions that are reliable and scalable enough to work within the size and scope of the company. When things get in the way of progress or provisioning customer’s needs, you and your team will step in to remove those roadblocks. Your ability to direct and leverage a team to develop practical and innovative ways to address some of Google Fiber’s most complex business challenges will be critical for success.
You will execute on strategies by engaging and negotiating with internal and external stakeholders. You will also have a deep understanding of the telecommunications industry and Google Fiber’s commercial context in order to see sooner faster, to anticipate challenges, solve pain points, mitigate risk and manage resources responsibly. As a senior leader within the network deployment organization, you will uncover business and process needs and design creative, lasting solutions.
At Access, our mission is to create abundant internet on networks that are always fast and always open. Google Fiber provides superfast Internet to homes across the U.S. We want to bring Google Fiber to customers even faster, so we’re focused on making deployment more efficient and less intrusive.
- Work with Engineering, Product and Operations teams to build a vendor base to meet the unique requirements of Google Fiber.
- Seek creative supply solutions to optimize cost, value and operational efficiency equation while supporting rapid product development growth.
- Work cross-functionally to develop demand.
- Ensure Supply Chain teams operate with integrity with controls processes and rigor in place for objective measurement.
- Plan and drive to meet inventory goals that effectively balance cost, industry leading lead-times and minimized obsolescence. Implement tools for actively managing material flow into and out of supply base.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 10 years of experience in supply chain management.
- Experience in implementing new product introduction strategies.
- Experience in international product sourcing, inventory management, performance metrics, strategic planning and project management.
- Experience in taking a telecommunications product or program from concept to mass production.
- Experience in leading a supply chain organization within a telecommunications, construction or technology company.
- Experience operating within and across cross-functional teams to execute on initiatives and improve processes. Ability to interpret legal documents and work with attorneys to structure agreements that align to targeted deliverables and milestones.
- Ability to rapidly learn new systems and procedures.
- Ability to manage multiple, complex projects and changing priorities, make sound decisions under pressure and work effectively in a team environment. Demonstrated data-driven decision-making with excellent analytical skills across multiple tools.
- Ability to summarize complex issues and influence internal and external stakeholders across all levels of management. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
At Google, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other company location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.