Ross Stores, Inc. Military Recruiter in Dublin, California
Responsible for the execution of assigned searches. Execution activities will include screening Military Veterans and Military Spouse resumes, conducting interviews with potential candidates, communicating with hiring managers throughout the search process, and maintaining the database. Responsible for the development and growth of the Military program within our Stores, Distribution Centers, Corporate, and Buying Offices.
- Manage candidate development and candidate flow for each assigned search. Conduct research and sourcing to actively recruit Military Veteran and Military Spouse candidates. Screen resumes for each open position. Determine relevance of experience to position criteria. Conduct phone screen interviews with candidates to further determine appropriate fit.
- Manage research and search strategy development for each open position. This will include posting jobs on Military appropriate web sites, including current approved Military vendor’s sites, and identifying potential sourcing resources.
- Manage candidates through the Ross search process, ensuring that necessary paperwork is filled out completely, and that candidates and hiring managers are kept updated on the process.
- Manage communication with hiring managers through the search process on candidate flow and status of candidates through the search.
- Attend and recruit at Military affiliated Career Fairs and Events.
- Maintain the recruitment/staffing database throughout the process: populate the database with potential candidates and networking resources for Ross Stores on an ongoing basis; keep electronic search files maintained.
- Assist with scheduling and coordination of offsite Military Career Fairs and Events.
- Build and maintain relationships with Military affiliated vendors. This includes reporting out on recruiting numbers and partnering with them to brand the company and program.
- Conduct additional program development projects to support company’s Military recruitment strategy as necessary.
- Position will perform other job duties and projects as assigned.
- Planning and Organizing
- Customer Service
- Drives Results
QUALIFICATIONS AND SPECIAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Approximately 2 - 3 years of experience of recruiting-related experience
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Proficiency at an intermediate level in Windows Microsoft Word, and Excel
- Strong communication skills (both oral and written)
- Ability to set priorities and exercise independent judgment
- Ability to work well under the pressure of deadlines
- Ability to influence candidate decisions with leadership
- Ability to analyze data
- Ability to conduct interviews and reference checks, and work effectively with hiring managers and candidates.
- Ability to work in a fast paced multi-task office atmosphere.
- Maintain confidentiality of all reports and salary information
Requirements: Consistent timeliness and regular attendance. Job requires ability to work in an office environment, primarily on a computer. The job also requires sitting, standing, walking, talking on the telephone, attending in-person meetings, typing, and working with paper/files, etc.
Occasional Requirements: Job occasionally requires bending, kneeling, reaching, and lifting up to 10 pounds.
May also require occasional driving and/or traveling overnight for business functions or site visits.
Vision requirements: Ability to see information in print and/or electronically.
This position description is a summary of the primary duties and responsibilities of the job and position. It is not intended to be a comprehensive or all-inclusive listing of duties and responsibilities. Contents are subject to change at management’s discretion.
Ross is an equal employment opportunity employer. We consider individuals for employment or promotion according to their skills, abilities and experience. We believe that it is an essential part of the Company’s overall commitment to attract, hire and develop a strong, talented and diverse workforce. Ross is committed to complying with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination based on race, color, religious creed, age, national origin, ancestry, physical, mental or developmental disability, sex (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), veteran status, military status, marital or registered domestic partnership status, medical condition (including cancer or genetic characteristics), genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, as well as any other category protected by federal, state or local laws.