Southern California Alcohol & Drug Programs, Inc. Child Care Coordinator in Downey, California
Southern California Alcohol and Drug Programs, Inc. (SCADP) was established in 1972 in a grassroots effort by community volunteers seeking alternatives for individuals with substance use disorder (SUD). SCADP is a 501 (c) (3) non-profit organization providing more than 500 residential treatment beds and outpatient counseling to over 1,500 individuals.
Child Care Coordinator provides instruction to children in activities designed to promote their social, physical, and intellectual growth. Assists in the planning of individual and group activities to stimulate learning according to the ages of the children. Provide school aged children with homework assistance and support. Works collaboratively with other staff to provide support and resources to child and family.
• Provide children with an environment that includes varied activities to help children develop socially, emotionally, intellectually and physically in manner appropriate to their age and stage of development • Implements and modifies program curriculum for diverse learners • Plans individual and group activities to stimulate learning and promote parent involvement in the child’s learning • Gear the program to the needs of individual children with concern for their interest, special talents and individual style and pace of learning • Implement methods for effectively incorporating parent involvement • Be mindful of each child’s safety and well-being. • Be conscious of promoting positive self-esteem and maintain class order using positive and approved correction methods • Keeps the environment of the classroom neat and clean • Attend weekly case conference meetings • Keep and maintain records, notes, incidents reports, etc • Other duties as required and is subject to change at any time
• AA in child development or related field • CTC teacher permit, and 24 units in Early Children Education • 40 hour domestic violence certificate completed within three months of hire
• Minimum of 2 years of working with children in a classroom setting • Must be able to clear a live scan background check
• Children supervision, administrative courses, and online record keeping
• Working knowledge with Microsoft Office applications, specifically Word, Outlook, and Internet applications
Skills and Abilities:
• Strong written and verbal communication, proficient in understanding and communication of the spoken and written English language • set priorities, handle multiple tasks, good problem solving and decision making skills • Detail oriented, accurate, analytical, organized and meets established deadlines
• Knowledge and understanding of the effects of domestic violence on children • Bilingual in English and Spanish (written and spoken) preferred • Valid CA Driver’s License without restrictions
Online Resume Submissions Accepted Only; No-Drop-Offs Please
Southern California Alcohol and Drug Programs, Inc. (SCADP) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form 1-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
If E-Verify cannot confirm that you are authorized to work, this employer is required to give you written instructions and an opportunity to contact Department of Homeland Security (OHS) or Social Security Administration (SSA) so you can begin to resolve the issue before the employer can take any action against you, including terminating your employment.