Eversource Energy Manager Transportation in Dorchester, Massachusetts
Job Description Summary:
Responsible for overseeing the operations and maintenance of all motor vehicles and equipment both owned and leased.This position ensures adherence to the policies, practices and procedures that effectively utilize the fleet and ensures the availability of cost competitive services that enable the operating departments to fulfill all commitments to customers.This position additionally ensures that all maintenance requirements are performed according to the life cycle plan and are consistent with sound operating, safety and performance practices.
- Directs and coordinates fleet operations and scheduling to ensure the availability of vehicle and equipment when needed.
- Directs the operation of facilities utilized for repairing, servicing and storing motor vehicles.
- Studies transportation needs and analyzes competitive performance of different types and styles of equipment consistent with securing the most economical and efficient operation.
- Ensures compliance with applicable laws and regulations covering the inspection, licensing, insuring and operation of motor vehicles and equipment.
- Develops and directs maintenance of record system for compiling pertinent history of equipment including records covering driver safety.
- Directs preparation of bulletins explaining change in laws or regulations pertaining to the operations of vehicles.
- Communicates with the field relative to the operations of the fleet.
- Maintains familiarity with legislation, rulings, techniques and other developments which affect transportation.
- In collaboration with other managers, ensures that emergency storm plans are in place to support the timely restoration of customer service.
Education: Requires a Bachelor’s Degree in Business, related discipline or equivalent experience.
Experience: Minimum of ten (10) years in fleet management.Requires technical and managerial skills in fleet operations and maintenance. Additionally, knowledge of local motor vehicle laws, OSHA, CDL, DOT and other pertinent regulatory requirements is essential.
Please include a resume with your application.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor