Marriott Director of Recreation in Doha, Qatar
Job Number 20022468
Job Category Golf, Fitness, and Entertainment
Location Sheraton Grand Doha Resort & Convention Hotel, Al Corniche St., Doha, Qatar, Qatar VIEW ON MAP
Brand Sheraton Hotels & Resorts
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Marriott International portfolio of brands includes both JW Marriott and Marriott Hotels.
Marriott Hotels , Marriott International’s flagship brand with more than 500 global locations, is advancing the art of hosting so that our guests can travel brilliantly. As a host with Marriott Hotels, you will help keep this promise by delivering premium choices, sophisticated style, and well-crafted details. With your skills and imagination, together we will innovate and reinvent the future of travel.
JW Marriott is part of Marriott International's luxury portfolio and consists of more than 80 beautiful properties in gateway cities and distinctive resort locations around the world. JW believes our associates come first. Because if you’re happy, our guests will be happy. It’s as simple as that. Our hotels offer a work experience unlike any other, where you’ll be part of a community and enjoy a true camaraderie with a diverse group of co-workers. JW creates opportunities for training, development, recognition and most importantly, a place where you can really pursue your passions in a luxury environment. Treating guests exceptionally starts with the way we take care of our associates. That’s The JW Treatment™.
Department leader for all aspects of the pool and beach areas, including overall maintenance, daily upkeep, cleanliness and the operation of cabana units. Provides and models service behavior to guests and employees. Reinforces appropriate culture to provide service to guests. Responsible for employee satisfaction and conducting administrative activities to ensure employees are treated in a fair and equitable manner for Recreation teams. Position works with direct reports to develop and implement departmental strategies and ensures implementation of the brand service strategy and brand initiatives while meeting financial goals.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 3 years experience in the recreation/health club operations or related professional area.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Health Education, Physical Education, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; 3 years experience in the recreation/health club operations or related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Directing Recreation Operations
• Supervising and managing employees. Managing all day-to-day operations. Understanding employee positions well enough to perform duties in employees' absence.
• Monitoring quality, standards and meeting the expectations of the customers on a daily basis.
• Demonstrating knowledge of job-relevant issues, products, systems, and processes.
• Utilizing interpersonal and communication skills to lead, influence, and encourage others; advocates sound financial/business decision making; demonstrates honesty/integrity; leads by example.
• Scheduling events, programs, and activities, as well as the work of others.
• Providing personal assistance, medical attention, emotional support, or other personal care to others such as coworkers, customers, or patients.
• Developing specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish your work.
• Managing outside vendors including water sports and scuba.
• Ordering and managing necessary supplies. Ensuring workers have supplies, equipment, tools, and uniforms necessary to do their jobs.
• Developing and managing the children's program (e.g., coordinates activities, purchases equipment and supplies etc.).
• Managing group activities including sand painting, bon fires, and team building events.
• Managing pool and beach areas, including overall maintenance, daily upkeep and cleanliness, and the operation of cabana units.
Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
• Serving as a role model to demonstrate appropriate behaviors.
• Providing services that are above and beyond for customer satisfaction and retention.
• Improving service by communicating and assisting individuals to understand guest needs, providing guidance, feedback, and individual coaching when needed.
Conducting Human Resources Activities
• Overseeing all Human Resources activities in the Recreation Department.
• Overseeing employee satisfaction and guest satisfaction results, and ensures corrective action is taken when needed.
• Identifying the developmental needs of others and coaching, mentoring, or otherwise helping others to improve their knowledge or skills.
• Participating in the performance appraisal system process, giving feedback when needed.
• Coordinating all training activities for employees in department.
• Encouraging and building mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members.
• Communicating expectations and performance objectives to subordinates; subordinates are also open to raise questions and/or concerns.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.
- Marriott Jobs