House of Blues Premium Experience Host- Saint Andrew's Hall- Detroit, MI in Detroit, Michigan
Unity in Diversity
Our team members are as diverse as our music venues. With its owned/operated/managed venues, Live Nation Clubs and Theaters, a division of Live Nation Entertainment, is wide-ranging, including the legendary Fillmore venues and the intimate House of Blues clubs throughout the United States. Live Nation Clubs and Theaters is the country’s preeminent group of intimate music venues, featuring superior sound and lighting technology in one-of-a-kind custom-designed environments aimed to bring fans and artists together in unparalleled musical environments.
Our mission is to create a profitable and principled global entertainment company. To celebrate the diversity and brotherhood of world culture. To promote racial and spiritual harmony through love, peace, truth, righteousness and non-violence. Our venues bring fans as close to artists as possible and our aim is to create teams that are just as close.
Who are you?
Passionate and motivated. Driven, with an entrepreneurial spirit. Resourceful, innovative, forward thinking and committed. At Live Nation Clubs & Theaters, our people embrace these qualities, so if this sounds like you, then please read on!
The Premium Experience Host will have the awesome responsibility of delivering a unique concert experience to our guests. We want Saint Andrew’s Hall to be a place where guests know they are valued and appreciated. Therefore, our goal is to make sure our guests feel a part of our unique culture from the moment they walk in the venue.
· Your personal mission is to provide our guests with genuine hospitality and excellent customer service. Our Team should embrace the ‘Above and Beyond’ mentality and create an experience that is both enjoyable and memorable.
· Work with the Premium Experience Team at Saint Andrew’s Hall during concert events to maintain constant communication with staff and clients and ensure that guests receive highly personal service and the highest level of hospitality at all times
· Explain the Premium Seating program to potential clients in order to upgrade a guests’ experience
· Troubleshoot and assist with issues involving the program and elevate to management if needed
· Serve as a resource of information for Premium Seating clients regarding their experience within the venue(s)
· Manage and execute the reservation spreadsheet
· Give proper recognition to Premium Seating Season seat holders, Live Nation Executives and clients to instill appreciation for their membership and patronage
· Give constant observation of our guests’ seating area and reserved areas to ensure guests are receiving highly personal service at all times and conduct table touches once per night per box
· Maintain articulate vocabulary with the ability to adapt and socialize with current audience
· Maintain exemplary and professional grooming standards
· Responsible Alcohol Awareness Training Certification or Equivalent
· High School Diploma or equivalent
· Working knowledge of high end restaurant operations, seating procedures, guest relations, problem solving
· Experience in selling to high-end, VIP clients
· Skill in diplomacy, handling multiple tasks, verbal skills, organizational skills, and interpersonal skills
· Ability to diffuse possibly volatile situations with tact and diplomacy
· Must have a flexible schedule and be available to work holidays
Physical Demands/Working Environment:
· Working environment is fast-paced, often loud and demanding
· Position requires extended periods of prolonged standing and working on your feet
· Must be able to lift or move up to 25lbs using proper lifting techniques
• Competitive compensation and bonus plans
• Professional career development
• Additional benefits
If the above description sounds like you and fits your background, apply online at http://www.livenation.com/careers/index.html to join the Live Nation Clubs and Theaters team today!
Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization which does not require sponsorship by the employer for a visa.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITYLive Nation Entertainment strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
HIRING PRACTICESThe preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Live Nation Entertainment recruitment policies are designed to place the most highly qualified persons available in a timely and efficient manner. Live Nation Entertainment may pursue all avenues available, including promotion from within, employee referrals, outside advertising, employment agencies, Internet recruiting, job fairs, college recruiting and search firms.
Recognized two years in a row by Great Place to Work®, Live Nation Entertainment is the global leader in live entertainment and ticketing. From ground-breaking software to support our world-class platform Ticketmaster, to our mix of legendary venues and restaurants in House of Blues, to our unparalleled roster of artists supported by diverse professionals in all facets of corporate operations, we offer a world of opportunity and an array of careers across every discipline.
We recognize that our most important assets are our employees, the rock stars who keep the live experience going. Generous vacation, healthcare, and retirement benefits are just some of the great perks we offer to support our full-time, global workforce of more than 21,000. For any stage in your career, our many unique benefit programs are designed to help you live life to the fullest. We offer student loan repayment to support recent grads, six months of paid caregiver leave to support new parents (plus a baby bonus to help with expenses), and tuition reimbursement to fuel your ongoing professional development and career growth. Plus, working for the world's largest live event and ticketing company means you'll have access to concerts, festivals, sports games, and other live events through our exclusive employee ticket concierge.
There is no bigger stage for your career. See what your future looks like at Live Nation Entertainment.