Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan Pharmacist Manager, Pharmacy Services (Sales/Health Plan Managed Care) in Detroit, Michigan
*Supervise team of pharmacists and other support personnel responsible for growing pharmacy membership for Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan by improving stakeholder satisfaction with our programs, educating internal/external customers on the value of our pharmacy programs, and developing collaborative relationships. *
Serve as primary contact for new pharmacy business sales.
Supervise, coach on effective sales messaging, set performance goals/objectives, monitor performance, evaluate, and mentor team assigned to manager.
Support Requests for Proposal/Information (RFP/RFI) process for all business segments.
Manager and team will be responsible for ensuring accuracy and integrity of responses prior to bid submissions from both local and national groups.
Creation of pricing proposals and negotiation of pharmacy contract amendments.
Prepare, review, and/or conduct presentations or educational programs for various audiences, including customers, consultants/agents, members, and internal departments.
Facilitate presentations that include finalist presentations to obtain new pharmacy business or retain existing business that meets specific needs of various group customer markets.
* Supervise other team responsibilities, which may include assistance with pharmacy related product/program development, claim inquiries, non-standard benefit requests, marketing-related communications, and special projects.*
Serve as key clinical support person for reviewing and solving complex prescription drug inquiries from human resource professionals, group customer service reps, internal account managers and agents/brokers.
Monitor and report cost savings related to clinical programs.
Assist in the creation of various effective, efficient communications for distribution to internal and external customers.
Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Pharmacy or Doctor of Pharmacy Degree required.
- Registered Pharmacist in the State of Michigan with current license to practice without restrictions.
- At least five (5) years experience in pharmacy administration and/or clinical pharmacy, including experience in a leadership role, with marketing experience in pharmacy environment preferred.
- Valid Michigan Driver’s License required. Must be willing to travel within the State of Michigan and provide own transportation. Overnight business trips may be occasionally required.
- Knowledge of applicable State of Michigan regulations related to health care benefits and, National regulations related to health care policy and legislation preferred.
- Strong leader, decision making, organizational and problem solving skills.
- Excellent analytical, verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to interface well with entire marketing liaison team, departmental staff, numerous internal departments, external customers, agents/consultants, and members.
- Proficient in current industry standard PC applications and systems (e.g., Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Other related skills and/or abilities may be required to perform this job.
* _All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other grounds, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability._*
Job: Pharmacy Services
Primary Location: Detroit
Organization: Pharmacy Services-2121
Req ID: PHA000AE