Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan Manager Service Center Operations in Detroit, Michigan
The Manager Service Center Ops job is responsible for planning, organizing, directing, managing, coaching and leading assigned Team Members in a multi-dimensional service center.
- Managing the activities of the department, including, but not limited to: planning, problem solving, Team Member development, selection and hiring of Team Members, vendor management, customer experience, communication and providing leadership and direction to Team Members and ensuring that departmental processes and procedures comply within the scope of the Master Labor Agreement.
- Overseeing and delegating work to ensure that operational standards and servicing specific performance guarantees are met in a fiscally responsible manner while maintaining a continued focused on ensuring that customer experience expectations are being met.
- Initiating corrective measures to resolve issues, manage people, budget and processes to ensure continuous improvement.
- Developing and nurturing value added partnerships with internal and external stakeholders, provide solutions to meet operation standards, solve complex business problems, and maintain effective business partnerships with all, including UAW leadership, to ensure delivery of optimal customer experience.
- Identifying and/or acquisition of technology, tools, equipment, and Business Process Outsourcer (BPO) to facilitate timely and fiscally responsible solutions to business challenges.
- Identifying and executing strategic initiatives that support business needs and departmental/divisional/corporate goals.
- Leading and/or participating on cross-functional teams.
- Promoting lean principles and practices.
- Managing and delegating assignments and special projects on time and in accordance with expectations.
- Managing a diverse workforce which includes real time coaching, motivation, mentoring, and appraisal for assigned employee group.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree is required. Master's Degree is preferred.
- Five (5) or more years of experience required including demonstrated experience in leadership role, customer service or related experience required.
- Program certification in related areas in desired areas include management, presentation, leadership and lean principles.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other grounds, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability.
Primary Location: Detroit
Organization: Service Operations-7103
Req ID: IND0009F