Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan Care Management Assistant in Detroit, Michigan
Responsible for sorting and identifying members and providers from an Excel or Access data base for enrollment in BCN medical management programs. Communicate with members and providers via letters or phone. Ensure accurate data entry and documentation of provider and member interactions in Excel, Access and software systems. Provide clerical support to nurses such as copying, faxing, mailings to members and providers, and collecting data by phone or faxes.
- Monthly and weekly sorting of data from various excel files and verify membership eligibility in department systems.
- Identify appropriate members and providers for specific programs and begin communication process within established timeframes
- Contact members, providers and inter-department staff by mail, phone and email
- Accurately document all member and provider interactions in software system
- Complete and send forms, spreadsheets and letters to providers within established timeframes
- Provide clerical support to care management staff
- Perform other duties as requested by leadership
- High school graduate or G.E.D. required. Secretarial or business school preferred.
- Minimum of two years' experience with computer operations, Excel and Access required
- Knowledge and experience with department systems
- Knowledge of general office equipment
- Knowledge of medical terminology preferred.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Excellent time management skills.
- Motivated self-starter with ability to prioritize.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other grounds, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability.
Primary Location: Southfield
Organization: Utilization Management-2152
Req ID: BCB0057G