Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan Business Application Developer Adv. in Detroit, Michigan
Provide support to all phases of the application development process to include business analysis, application, architecture, design, development, integration and delivery for those business applications that support the administrative or operational functions of the company or the business applications needed to serve customers effectively. Provide business application maintenance and support.
- Work closely with clients, business analysts and team members on moderately complex to complex programming projects. Define business processes and gather project requirements.Write software code, test, debug, and document and maintain computer applications. Identify coding errors through informal and formal testing methods. Ensure application integrity by applying SDLC concepts.
- Provide ongoing maintenance of applications.
- Document functions and changes to new or modified modules and test activities/results.
- Identify technical requirements, as needed. Create technical design specifications and assist in sizing technical requirements, as needed.
- Participate in project planning processes, as needed.
- Support identification of sources of data feeds and interfaces, as needed.
- Design new reports and interfaces using advance queries and software solutions. Maintain existing reports and process automation tools.
- Adhere to standards and procedures. Review modules for quality assurance.
- Evaluate existing applications and platforms and provides recommendations for improving application performance by conducting gap analysis, identifying feasible alternative solutions, and assisting in the scope of modifications.
- Evaluate new application packages and tools and perform research on best practices and provide recommendations for solutions, as needed.
- Provide technical coaching and mentoring to less-experienced team members.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in related field preferred.
- Three (3) years of advanced programming techniques and application design required.
- Experience in systems design and have a solid understanding of development, database development, testing, and integration methodologies required.
- Project management experience preferred.
- Analytical and systems thinking.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently, or within a team environment.
- Other related skills and/or abilities may be required to perform this job.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Information Systems or
related field of study.
- 5+ years of T-SQL development working with large datasets for analysis and
- 1+ years of experience with a report development or ETL tool such as SSRS,
Tableau, SSIS, etc.
- 1+ years of experience with developing ETL processes Strong attention to
Accuracy and quality is a must have.
Strong verbal and written communication required.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other grounds, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability.
Primary Location: Detroit
Organization: Claims, Enrollment & Prog Mgt-7108
Req ID: OPE000ZO