House of Blues Assistant Manager - General in Detroit, Michigan
Unity in Diversity
Our team members are as diverse as our music venues. With its owned/operated/managed venues, Live Nation Clubs and Theaters, a division of Live Nation Entertainment, is wide-ranging, including the legendary Fillmore venues and the intimate House of Blues clubs throughout the United States. Live Nation Clubs and Theaters is the country’s preeminent group of intimate music venues, featuring superior sound and lighting technology in one-of-a-kind custom-designed environments aimed to bring fans and artists together in unparalleled musical environments.
Our mission is to create a profitable and principled global entertainment company. To celebrate the diversity and brotherhood of world culture. To promote racial and spiritual harmony through love, peace, truth, righteousness and non-violence. Our venues bring fans as close to artists as possible and our aim is to create teams that are just as close.
We have a great opportunity for an Assistant General Manager. The Assistant General Manager has full responsibility for all aspects of venue business operations
What You Need:
· Bachelor’s degree in business or related field
· Minimum 5 years of experience in a senior leadership position. Hospitality, live entertainment or related business experience preferred
· Must have extensive background in food and beverage management, labor and vendor management.
· Advanced business degree
· Live music experience
What You’ll Do:
I. Recruitment, Training and Development of Operations Department Heads/Managers and Management Responsibilities:
• Actively participate in the recruitment strategy and efforts for management and team member positions
• Develop direct reports by communicating performance expectations and preparing/conducting timely performance appraisals
• Ensure Discipline/Termination procedures follow all C&T guidelines
• Provide conflict resolutions in a positive, effective manner
• Ensure compliance with C&T Workplace Standards to maintain a working environment that is free of discrimination and harassment
• Facilitate proper communication and organization in the venue, as well as to and from the Home Office
• Provide overall leadership and support for all music hall, retail and box office, and VIP room (where appropriate) staff and management by creating the appropriate culture and character of the venue through his/her own personal and professional conduct
• Manage physical facility to ensure proper maintenance and repair
• Maintain positive talent relations by developing a solid understanding of the music industry, to ensure that artists and industry representatives have positive experiences in the venue
• Ensure that all events, rentals, special events are executed properly, to both guest and client satisfaction
• Responsible for active management of outside vendors including concessionaire, security, law enforcement and medical vendors
· Complete knowledge of food and beverage operations encompassing high-volume and alcohol service, and restaurant and high-end dining
· Complete knowledge of contractual agreements in venue and with 3rd party vendors
· Complete knowledge of building lease and lease requirements
II. Ensures Optimal Guest Experience:
• Create and maintain community and partner relations that will further the interests of the company and venue
• Foster positive guest relations/guest experiences in a manner that portrays an energetic and positive image of the venue
• Maintain all Live Nation Clubs & Theaters standards, guidelines, policies and procedures as outlined in the team member handbook and training materials
III. Enhancing Revenue/Controlling Costs:
• Participate in preparing annual budgets in conjunction with GM and Home Office
• Participate in developing long and short-term plans for revenue growth and cost control measures
• Ensure cost control/inventory systems are in place and are compliant to all laws, lease and contractual requirements
• Ensure that all cost centers including but not limited to controllable expenses, labor and vendor agreements are overseen and within budgetary guidelines
• Competitive compensation and bonus plans
• Professional career development
• Additional benefits
If the above description sounds like you and fits your background, apply online at http://www.livenation.com/careers/index.html to join the Live Nation Clubs and Theaters team today!
Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization which does not require sponsorship by the employer for a visa.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITYLive Nation Entertainment strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
HIRING PRACTICESThe preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Live Nation Entertainment recruitment policies are designed to place the most highly qualified persons available in a timely and efficient manner. Live Nation Entertainment may pursue all avenues available, including promotion from within, employee referrals, outside advertising, employment agencies, Internet recruiting, job fairs, college recruiting and search firms.
Recognized two years in a row by Great Place to Work®, Live Nation Entertainment is the global leader in live entertainment and ticketing. From ground-breaking software to support our world-class platform Ticketmaster, to our mix of legendary venues and restaurants in House of Blues, to our unparalleled roster of artists supported by diverse professionals in all facets of corporate operations, we offer a world of opportunity and an array of careers across every discipline.
We recognize that our most important assets are our employees, the rock stars who keep the live experience going. Generous vacation, healthcare, and retirement benefits are just some of the great perks we offer to support our full-time, global workforce of more than 21,000. For any stage in your career, our many unique benefit programs are designed to help you live life to the fullest. We offer student loan repayment to support recent grads, six months of paid caregiver leave to support new parents (plus a baby bonus to help with expenses), and tuition reimbursement to fuel your ongoing professional development and career growth. Plus, working for the world's largest live event and ticketing company means you'll have access to concerts, festivals, sports games, and other live events through our exclusive employee ticket concierge.
There is no bigger stage for your career. See what your future looks like at Live Nation Entertainment.