Kelly Services Remote opportunity - Senior SQL Database Engineer in Denver, Colorado
Kelly Services is seeking a Senior SQL Database Engineer for a leading commercial data and analytics company.
Job Title: Senior SQL Database Engineer
Location: This will be a remote role but is preferred that candidates are in one of the following locations -1) Denver 2) Dallas 3) Philadelphia 4) Arlington.
Type: Contract (W2)
Length: 6 months (possibility of extension)
Pay: Open to discuss
As a Senior Database Engineer you will play a key role in Compensation Software product development projects by partnering with the product engineering lead and engineering team to deliver quality solutions for our talent management application. The engineer will be responsible for technical R&D, prototypes, leading/developing product enhancements, issue resolution, requirement reviews and as-needed US Client Team support. Additionally, the engineer will play a key role partnering with the Software Engineering Lead in helping to provide mentorship, technical leadership and direction to other engineers on the team. The key to the success of this position is a good mix of technical ability, ownership and leadership. Each member of the software engineering team knows that they have a level of ownership and responsibility to the product and all developers should exemplify this trait.
• Design and develop new system enhancements
• Work as an individual as well as within a team structure to deliver complex system designs
• Developing and Designing Software Architecture Plans
• Reviewing existing software projects
• Recommending enhancements and improvements
• Designing effective system architectures with a focus in usability and scalability
• Testing and measuring the performance impact of various in-place and proposed architectures
• Review code and provide feedback on areas that need improvement
• Scope engineering efforts and develop resource plans and timelines to meet deliverables
• Assist team members with issue resolution and mitigation, and team dynamics. Evolve internal team standards, procedures, processes, and best practices to ensure efficient resource utilization
• 5+ years of related development experience
• Experience in troubleshooting and optimizing SQL code on a very large SQL Server database system
• Experience working with and designing large reporting databases
• Understanding of database modeling
• Ability to review and author complex stored procedures
• Experience building and monitoring SQL maintenance jobs
• Working knowledge of column store indexes, data partitioning, clustering, replication, data cleansing and basic data warehousing principles
• Ability to help optimize and support ORM queries
• .Net Experience is a PLUS
• Experience working in an Agile framework, preferably Scrum
• Excellent verbal and writing skills, including the ability to research, design, and write new documentation, as well as to maintain and improve existing material
• BS / BA degree or relevant experience
• Some travel required (5-10%)
• Experience implementing ETL systems using SSIS or some other platform.
• Azure SaaS or PaaS systems. Bonus for Azure DataFactory
• Business Intelligence related technologies including forming Data Cubes and Facts. Bonus for DundasBI.
* If this position may be of interest to you, please email me back at firstname.lastname@example.org (with your most up to date resume, for further consideration) and advise the best time and number at which you can be reached. If not for yourself, feel free to share this opportunity within your network! *
For quick inquiries, feel free to CHAT LIVE WITH ME NOW at https://flashrecruit.com/user/ShazIrani ! (8am – 5pm CST)
Shazneen Irani | Professional Technical Recruiter | email@example.com
Kelly Services, Inc. | kellyservices.com
Why Kelly ® ?
With Kelly, you’ll have direct connections to leading IT organizations in the best companies around
the globe—offering you the chance to work on some of today’s most intriguing, innovative and high-
visibility projects. In a field where change is the only constant, our connections and opportunities
will help you take your career exactly where you want to go. We work with 95 of the Fortune 100™
companies, and more than 3,000 IT hiring managers turn to us each year to access the best talent:
people like you.
Last year we found 8,000 opportunities for IT professionals. Let us help advance your career
AboutKelly Services ®
As a workforce advocate for over 70 years, we are proud to directly employ nearly 500,000 people around the world and have a role in connecting thousands more with work through our global network of talent suppliers and partners. Revenue in 2017 was $5.4 billion. Visit kellyservices.com and connect with us on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter .
Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer including, but not limited to, Minorities, Females,
Individuals with Disabilities, Protected Veterans, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and is
committed to employing a diverse workforce. Equal Employment Opportunity
is The Law.
- Kelly Services Jobs