KeyBank Regional Planning Strategist in Denver, Colorado
Regional Planning StrategistinDenver, COatKey Bank- Corporate
Date Posted: 12/5/2018
Employee Type: Full-Time
Location: 101 University Boulevard Denver, CO
Job Type: Banking
Experience: Not Specified
Date Posted: 12/5/2018
ABOUT THE JOB (JOB BRIEF)
The Regional Financial Planning Specialist is a consultant and strategic partner to each Markets Sales Leader and is responsible to create, implement and monitor the integration of financial planning and advice within their region. This position is responsible to coach and develop team members to deliver the Key Private Bank Advisory Client Experience with effective discovery skills, advice strategies and thought leadership. The Regional Financial Planning Specialist serves as a conduit and coordinator of financial plan construction in their respective markets while interfacing with the Financial Planning Center, Key Family Wealth and Regional Insurance teams. This position is responsible to create consistency in the execution of the advisory client experience across their assigned markets and to ensure that focus clients receive the full benefits of KPB s planning capabilities.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
• The Regional Financial Planning Specialist is responsible to create and maintain a culture of Advice and Planning within their Region.
• In partnership with the Client Experience Manager the Regional Financial Planning Specialist will identify strategies to integrate planning and advice with new and existing client relationships to retain and grow the markets current book of business.
• Collaborate with each markets CEM s and RM s to meet goals related to planning and advice revenue, wealth direction and client experience metrics
• Provide each Key Private Bank team within the region with continuous coaching and training to develop advisory skills, ensure a consistent process and client experience, and understand how to best use the Key Private Bank planning tools and technology
• Serve as a member of the Wealth Institute and contribute to KPB s overall thought leadership
• Coordinate and review each plan from the Client Experience Manager with the Central Financial Planner to consistently position advice strategies and engage appropriate partners (Insurance, Family Wealth) to meet the client s goals and objectives.
• Lead the delivery of Financial Planning services for Family Wealth Clients that do not have a Client Experience Manager including discovery, financial plan presentation and advanced planning strategies.
• Coordinate the efforts of the Financial Planning Center, Family Wealth Consultants and other KPB experts on behalf of their region to provide thought leadership, share expertise and best practices.
• Maintain current industry knowledge of financial planning trends, strategies and tactics and provide proactive updates to the local Key Private Bank team and clients
• The Financial Planning Specialist will determine in partnership with the Relationship Manager the depth of advisory services to be provided for clients served by an Associate Relationship Manager.
• Educate Relationship Managers and Wealth Advisors on planning based discovery approaches that identifies the holistic needs of a prospect and positions an advice based value proposition.
• Partner on Family Wealth opportunities with the Wealth Advisor and Relationship Manager to acquire new business and retain/expand existing relationships.
• Participate in sales strategy pre-call meetings with Relationship Managers and Wealth Advisors to develop dialogue and strategy for discovery meetings and position the implementation of advice strategies in prospect proposals.
• Maintain broad knowledge of KeyCorp products and services and recommend when appropriate.
• Prepare and Present advice-based content at client networking or education events
• CFP Designation. 5 - 7 years financial planning experience.
• 5 - 7 years of broad based banking/investment/sales experience.
• 3 - 5 years of client management experience and proven client relations orientation.
• In- depth experience with financial planning software applications
• Ability to transfer strategy to tactical plans and implement.
• Self-motivated, goal and results driven.
• Strong leadership team collaboration skills.
• Expert Client Discovery and Communication Skills.
• Excellent written, verbal and presentations skills.
• Comfortable with new technology, web and cloud-based applications.
Client Focused: Actively engages with the relationship management team and offers financial planning ideas and strategies to achieve client goals and further position Key as the client s trusted advisor
Business Acumen: Possesses deep financial planning acumen necessary to advise high net worth and ultra-high net worth clients
Leadership: Ability to create and maintain a culture of advice and planning within their region; Ability to collaborate with Client Experience Managers and Relationship Managers to meet goals related to planning and advise revenue, wealth direction and client experience metrics
KeyCorp's roots trace back 190 years to Albany, New York. Headquartered in Cleveland, Ohio, Key is one of the nation's largest bank-based financial services companies, with assets of approximately $134.5 billion at March 31, 2017. Key provides deposit, lending, cash management, insurance, and investment services to individuals and businesses in 15 states under the name KeyBank National Association through a network of more than 1,200 branches and more than 1,500 ATMs. Key also provides a broad range of sophisticated corporate and investment banking products, such as merger and acquisition advice, public and private debt and equity, syndications, and derivatives to middle market companies in selected industries throughout the United States under the KeyBanc Capital Markets trade name. KeyBank is Member FDIC.
ABOUT THE BUSINESS:
Key Community Bank serves individuals and small to midsized businesses from Maine to Alaska through our 15-state network of over 1,200 branches, 1,500 ATMs, telephone banking and robust online and mobile platforms. KeyBank s Consumer/Business Banking segment provides consumers and small business owners with straightforward banking solutions and personal finance expertise that helps them make confident financial decisions today and plan for tomorrow. Key Private Bank offers wealth planning that follows a consistent, disciplined approach guided by objective advice based on each unique situation. KeyBank Commercial Bank offers midsize business financial services that drive growth and profitability and help business owners identify new opportunities with products and services including deposit, cash management, investment services, commercial lending, equipment leasing, and asset-based lending.
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
KeyCorp is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer committed to engaging a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.