HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Bone Marrow Transplant Registered Nurse in Denver, Colorado
Bone Marrow Transplant Registered Nurse (RN) Position: Registered Nurse Department: Bone Marrow Transplant Shift: Full-Time, Nights
Do you want to be a part of a family and not just another employee? Are you looking for a work environment where diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application today and find out what it truly means to be a part of a team.
We are seeking a Registered Nurse for our Bone Marrow Transplant Unit (BMT) to ensure that we continue to provide all patients with high quality, efficient care. We are an amazing team that works hard to support each other and are seeking a phenomenal addition like you who feels patient care is as meaningful as we do. We want you to apply now!
Presbyterian St. Luke’s Medical Center, *located in the Uptown neighborhood in Denver, CO and licensed for 680 beds, *PSL provides the most advanced care for patients across the Rocky Mountains and Great Plains. We are proud to serve our community with experienced physicians who offer a wide range of medical services for patients of all ages.
Our Centers of Excellence Include: * Advanced Center for Spinal Microsurgery * Bariatric Surgery. Cardiac Rehabilitation Certified by the American Association of Cardiac and Pulmonary Rehabilitation * Colorado Blood Cancer Institute * Comprehensive Cancer Programs * The Denver Clinic for Extremities at Risk * Denver Wound Healing Center * Diabetes Management Center * High-risk Obstetrics, Level III NICU & Pediatrics * Hyperbaric Oxygen Medicine * Kidney Transplant Center. Level IV Trauma Center * Neonatal Intensive Care Unit * Sleep Study Lab * Spine and Joint Care Specialty Services * Vascular Center Thoracic Outlet Program The blood cancer care team at Colorado Blood Cancer Institute (CBCI), a part of the Sarah Cannon Cancer institute at Presbyterian St. Luke’s Medical Center, is committed to providing the best treatment to patients facing blood cancers such as leukemia, lymphoma and myeloma. Our multidisciplinary team is dedicated to bringing you the latest techniques and technologies to ensure you get the care you need.
We offer you a generous benefits package including: * Medical, Dental, Disability and Life Insurance * Flexible Spending Accounts * Paid Time Off * Employee Discount Program * Employee Stock Purchase Program * Tuition Reimbursement * Student Loan Repayment *Position Summary: *This position supports the mission of Presbyterian/St Luke’s Medical Center of optimizing quality of life of all those served by expanding beyond the traditional focus on medical needs to the needs of the whole person. The BMT RN oversees and directs the care of the BMT/Oncology patient. The BMT RN is responsible for the care of blood and marrow transplant patients, patients with hematologic/oncologic disorders, patients with multisystem organ failure, and other patients meeting BMT admissions criteria. Serves as primary nurse leading the collaboration of all disciplines for well-coordinated patient care. Oversees and directs the care of assistive personnel, maintaining final accountability for the care given to assigned patients. Within the first year the RN will have gained basic BMT knowledge and skills. Between the first and second year the RN will have gained BMT critical care knowledge and skills. When the need arises, will perform other duties as assigned by supervisor. * * Presbyterian/St. Luke’s Medical Center and Rocky Mountain Hospital for Children expects our Code of Conduct Value Statements to be reflected in the way every employee interacts with co-workers, patients and family members, and with others in the community. * We recognize and affirm the unique and intrinsic worth of each individual * We treat all those we serve with compassion and kindness * We act with absolute honesty, integrity and fairness in the way we conduct our business and the way we live our lives. * We trust our colleagues as valuable members of our healthcare team and pledge to treat one another with loyalty, respect and dignity The Bone Marrow Transplant Unit Staff at Presbyterian St. Luke’s Medical Center is a tight knit group of hard-working, dedicated healthcare providers with a passion for saving lives * * Hematology/Bone Marrow Transplant (BMT) is an acute care unit where you will deliver phenomenal care for adult hematologic-oncology, autologous and allogeneic blood and marrow transplantation patients, and patients receiving CAR T-cell therapy. In this role, you will be asked to provide the following services:
• Chemotherapy/Biotherapy administration and management, including investigational protocols Transfusion of blood, platelets and fresh frozen plasma
• Management of patients with radiation implants, central venous access devices and spinal drains
• Bone marrow biopsy and aspiration
• Thoracentesis and paracentesis
• Epidural and intrathecal analgesia
• Management of toxicities r/t chemotherapy/biotherapy/radiation therapy and neutropenia/ thrombocytopenia/ anemia
• Antibiotic/Medication therapies
• Autologous and Allogeneic Blood and Marrow Transplant
• Bone marrow harvest recovery
• Pain Management and telemetry monitoring
* Current licensure in the State of Colorado as a Registered Nurse; BLS – Healthcare provider.
* ACLS required within 9 months. * ONS Chemotherapy Provider Card required within the first 9 months of hire. * If the staff member is PRN, they will not be required to have ONS Chemotherapy Provider Card because they will not have enough exposure to chemotherapy/biotherapy to maintain competency in this area.
* * Education/Experience:
* Graduate of an accredited school of nursing. EKG interpretation competency or course within the first year of hire. BSN preferred. * One year experience in acute care preferred. * * Special Qualifications:
* Ability to communicate effectively with patients, families, physicians, and other health care team members. * Ability to manage a team and work with others within a team to ensure quality patient care. Strong critical thinking skills. * Desire to provide compassionate, holistic care. * * If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. If you are highly qualified you will hear from one of our managers. Come unlock the possibilities and apply today!
Recruiter contact: Kylie Dennis, Recruiter 720-391-6530 Kylie.Dennis@healthonecares.com
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Job: *Nursing - Professional
Title: Bone Marrow Transplant Registered Nurse
Location: Colorado-Denver-Presbyterian/St. Luke%27s Medical Center
Requisition ID: 03166-83388