Universal Forest Products Assemblers in Delano, Pennsylvania
- High school diploma/GED preferred but not required
- Minimum 6 months of experience assembling components or specialty products is required; 1 year of experience or more is preferred.
- Working knowledge of basic math.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
Skills and abilities
- Ability to work in a safe manner
- Ability to recognize size/grade/quality of material
- Ability to read prints and understand efficiencies/productivity measures
- Demonstrates ability to follow specific instructions and directions
- Demonstrate ability to use and operate hand tools and other equipment as required
- Demonstrate ability to stack material properly
- Ability to pay attention to surroundings
- Ability to identify safety issues in their work area, and notice equipment malfunctions
- Ability to understand basic verbal and written instructions in English.
- Ability to read a tape measure
- Ability to troubleshoot equipment
- Basic mechanical skills are preferred
- Demonstrate eye-hand coordination
- Ability to work under immediate supervision
- Ability to pass a drug test
- Ability to work hours mandated by management
- Safety conscious
- Team player and goal oriented
- Open to change and positive attitude
- Committed to plant and company goals
- Participates in Safety and CI programs
- Punctual and reliable
- Looks for ways to improve productivity and department results
Position will require bending, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, lifting/carrying over 25 lbs, pushing/pulling, twisting, standing and walking.
- Secures and maintains correct component parts and supplies required for the operation (plates, nails, staples, fasteners, etc.).
- Completes work area set up.
- Fits parts together in accordance with prescribed manner and in accordance with quality standards.
- Operates presses and machinery in addition to hand tools as required to complete assembly process.
- Stacks completed products in accordance with established procedures, and if required, may cover, label and band components/finished product.
- Ensures work area is safe, clean and organized, and that equipment is safe to operate.
- Completes pre-shift/startup equipment inspection checklist and reports any problems or concerns.
- Maintains a clean and orderly work environment.
- Provides basic TPM to equipment and completes TPM paperwork when required.
- Maintains production records as required.
- Checks materials and finished products to ensure compliance with standards.
- Performs duties consistent with established safety and quality procedures, rules, and standards.
- Participates in safety, CI and other programs and meetings.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled