AdventHealth Surgical Tech Certified OB Labor and Delivery PRN Days in DeLand, Florida
Surgical Tech Certified OB Labor and Delivery PRN Days
Location Address: 701 West Plymouth Avenue, Deland Florida 32720
Top Reasons To Work At AdventHealth Deland
Competitive Hourly Rate
Amazing Organization to work for
Career growth and advancement potential
Per diem PRN Days
You Will Be Responsible For:
· Works independently or in collaboration with other staff as directed to ensure required supplies, instruments, positioning devices and equipment is available for all assigned procedures. Utilizes preference cards to effectively assure essential supplies and equipment are available as needed.
· Demonstrates effective oral and written communication skills, maintains patient confidentiality and interacts with all internal and external customers in a professional and courteous demeanor. Speaks positively to and about co-workers and the organization. Acceptance of constructive criticism.
· Adheres to all hospital and departmental safety initiatives and policies including but not limited to Universal Protocol, Universal precautions, bio hazardous waste management, waste stream management, sponge/ instrument counts, surgical specimen management, and patient transfer techniques. Maintains a clean, orderly work environment.
· Demonstrates competency in all procedures within scope of practice and training as appropriate to all patient populations served. Competency includes use and applications of appropriate routine and specialty instruments, room preparations, equipment selection and positioning devices, aseptic technique and sterilization methods.
· Demonstrates flexibility and understanding of assigned work duties. Adapts to changes in assigns duties by prioritizing appropriately. Proactively assists others with minimal supervision.
· Demonstrates a working knowledge of the principles of aseptic technique in accordance with AORN recommended standards.
· Assists with appropriate preparation of instruments and equipment for decontamination or terminal sterilization as requested
· Verifies exposure to sterilization and integrity of sterile packaging. Opens supplies aseptically.
· Establishes and maintains a sterile field for each surgical procedure.
· Adheres to all surgical count policies, medication administration policy
· In addition:
· Responsible for maintaining the Birth Care Operating Room(s)
o Cleaning and monitoring of instruments used in surgery
o Transport of clean instruments from Birth Care to Central Processing for sterilization
o Restocking of Operating Room(s)
o Maintaining preference cards for individual surgeons
o Monitors supplies for operating rooms
o Monitor temperature, humidity, and air flow exchanges in the Operating Rooms and record on the maintenance log sheet, per department process.
o Report OR temp/humidity deficits to charge nurse noted on reading the levels &/or deficits reported via engineering. Contact engineering for deficits.
o Reporting of any equipment within the OR’s that is not working
o Set up of the Operating Room for surgery
o Scrubbing for all surgical procedure
· Responsible for assisting at vaginal deliveries
o Set up of sterile table
o Plug in all equipment and ensure the room labor room is stocked when setting up for a laboring patient
o When available, attend delivery to be able to obtain special needs of care provider
o Clean up of room following delivery, i.e. sterile instruments, trash, linen etc.
o Restocking of case carts and warmers
· Assisting with circumcision
o Set up for circumcision
o Clean up post circumcision
o Maintenance of physician preference list for circumcisions
· Maintaining Birth Care unit
o Stocking of supplies
o Stocking of linens
o Stocking of rooms after discharge
· Secretarial duties
o Helps with admitting, discharging, and transferring of patients through the Cerner system
o Assembles charts
o Answers phones, call lights
o Monitors secured doors
o Stocking of paperwork
o Schedules elective procedures via electronic schedule book
· Birth Certificate Role
o Completes the Electronic Birth Record (EBR) certification with the State to become a Birth Certificate Registrar within six months of hire
· Monitor and quality control checks
o Monitors temperature control of patient refrigerators during night shift hours
o Inspects sharps containers and black boxes for expiration dates and appropriate items.
What You Will Need:
· High school graduate or GED required.
· Successful completion of an accredited school for Surgical Technology required.
· Certification in Surgical Technology required if greater than one (1) year from graduation.
· Certification within one (1) year of hire date for new graduates.
· BLS required.
The obstetrical technologist is a member of the obstetrical healthcare team and provides surgical technical support to the surgeon and registered nurse in the operating room setting. This position assists in the preparation of supplies and equipment for surgical procedures and provides the appropriate instrumentation necessary for the surgeon to perform these procedures. The surgical technologist is responsible to maintain current knowledge of trends in the operating room, including new products, procedures and physician techniques.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.
- AdventHealth Jobs