CDM Smith Senior Project Manager - Wastewater in Dallas, Texas
CDM Smith currently has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Project Manager with previous experience managing wastewater projects to join our West Central group. In this position, you will be the main point of contact for planning and design of wastewater projects in the greater Dallas area and assist with business development activities. CDM Smith has been providing services to the Dallas market for over 20 years. Our services have spanned the areas of water resources, modeling, master planning studies, design and construction administration of water, wastewater, and storm water facilities.
As a member of this team, you would contribute to CDM Smith's mission by:
• Managing and serving as the lead Project Manager on major area Dallas wastewater projects
• Providing technical guidance, senior leadership, and mentoring engineering staff to enhance our wastewater design capabilities
• Being responsible for scope, schedule, budget development, monitoring and adherence for projects managed
• Completing Quality Assurance/Quality Control of key deliverables and assisting on projects managed by others in the office
• Assisting Client Service Leaders with technical marketing in the Dallas region
• Participation in professional societies relevant to the industry
• Building and maintaining positive working relationships with key decision makers in our clients’ organizations
Senior Project Manager - Wastewater
CDM Smith Employment Type:
• Bachelor's Degree
• 13 years of related experience
• Domestic and/or international travel may be required. The frequency of travel is contingent on specific duties, responsibilities, and the essential functions of the position, which may vary depending on workload and project demands
• Professional engineering (PE) license, strongly preferred
• Bachelor's degree in civil, environmental, or chemical engineering, or related degree.
• Current PM certification (either PMP; CCM and DBIA) or ability to receive within 12 months of start
• Previous experience working on and managing projects for municipal wastewater clients
• Previous experience managing multi-discipline project teams
• Excellent communication, networking and team building skills
• Previous experience working directly with clients• Master’s degree
• Previous experience working and managing projects for wastewater clients in, the greater Dallas market
• Previous business development experience including preparation of proposals and scopes of work and cost estimates for municipal clients
We attract the best people in the industry, supporting their efforts to learn and grow. We strive to create a challenging and progressive work environment. We provide career opportunities that span a variety of disciplines and geographic locations, with projects that our employees plan, design, build and operate as diverse as the needs of our clients. CDM Smith is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Why CDM Smith?:
CDM Smith provides lasting and integrated solutions in water, environment, transportation, energy and facilities to public and private clients worldwide. As a full-service consulting, engineering, construction, and operations firm, we deliver exceptional client service, quality results and enduring value across the entire project life cycle.
Job Site Location:
Texas - Dallas
All vendors must have a signed CDM Smith Placement Agreement from the CDM Smith Recruitment Center Manager to receive payment for your placement. Verbal or written commitments from any other member of the CDM Smith staff will not be considered binding terms. All unsolicited resumes sent to CDM Smith and any resume submitted to any employee outside of CDM Smith Recruiting Center Team (RCT) will be considered property of CDM Smith. CDM Smith will not be held liable to pay a placement fee.
Amount of Travel Required:
Visa Sponsorship Available:
No - We will not support sponsorship, i.e. H-1B or TN Visas for this position
Skills and Abilities:
• Experience working with project management methodology including budget development, project planning
• Significant experience working with project management methodology including budget development, project planning, control and assurance methodologies, project management software and finance and accounting concepts and practices
• Demonstrates excellent communication skills both verbal and written
• Possesses deep knowledge of project goals, drivers, strategies, risks and opportunities
• Demonstrates exceptional interpersonal and presentation skills for interacting with team members and clients
• Ability to interact with many people, and process a large volume of requests as necessary
• Excellent personal computer skills including expert knowledge of MS Word and Excel
• Demonstrates superior organizational skills to balance and prioritize work.
- CDM Smith Jobs