CDM Smith Senior Project Manager – Transportation Engineering and Planning in Dallas, Texas
• Manage transportation planning, corridor planning, NEPA or traffic engineering projects.
• Conduct business development efforts for transportation projects and cultivate client relationships.
• Interface with State and municipal clients including cities, utility districts.
• Conduct meetings with Transit Authorities, Toll Road Authorities, cities and counties for business development purposes.
• Develop scope, budget and schedules for transportation projects.
• Manage team’s performance on assigned projects.
• Mentor staff and help expand our transportation practice.
• Lead the scope, schedule and budget development, monitoring and adherence for projects managed.
• Quality Analysis/Quality Control of key deliverables related to projects managed and assistance on projects managed by others.
Senior Project Manager – Transportation Engineering and Planning
CDM Smith Employment Type:
• Bachelor's Degree.
• 15 years of related experience.
• PMP (PMI), CCM or DBIA certification is required (within 12 months of hire or promotion onto the Approved Project Manager list).
• Domestic and/or international travel may be required. The frequency of travel is contingent on specific duties, responsibilities, and the essential functions of the position, which may vary depending on workload and project demands.
• Bachelor's degree in civil engineering, or urban, community or regional planning.
• Texas PE certification or ability to obtain in 6 months.
• Solid Corridor Planning experience.
• Strong experience meeting and working with State, county and/or municipal transportation agencies.
• Demonstrated business development experience.
• Excellent leadership and communication skills.
We attract the best people in the industry, supporting their efforts to learn and grow. We strive to create a challenging and progressive work environment. We provide career opportunities that span a variety of disciplines and geographic locations, with projects that our employees plan, design, build and operate as diverse as the needs of our clients. CDM Smith is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Why CDM Smith?:
CDM Smith provides lasting and integrated solutions in water, environment, transportation, energy and facilities to public and private clients worldwide. As a full-service consulting, engineering, construction, and operations firm, we deliver exceptional client service, quality results and enduring value across the entire project life cycle.
Job Site Location:
Texas - Dallas
All vendors must have a signed CDM Smith Placement Agreement from the CDM Smith Recruitment Center Manager to receive payment for your placement. Verbal or written commitments from any other member of the CDM Smith staff will not be considered binding terms. All unsolicited resumes sent to CDM Smith and any resume submitted to any employee outside of CDM Smith Recruiting Center Team (RCT) will be considered property of CDM Smith. CDM Smith will not be held liable to pay a placement fee.
Amount of Travel Required:
Visa Sponsorship Available:
No - We will not support sponsorship, i.e. H-1B or TN Visas for this position
Skills and Abilities:
• Experience working with project management methodology including budget development, project planning, control and assurance methodologies, project management software and finance and accounting concepts and practices.
• Demonstrates excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
• Possesses in-depth knowledge of project goals, drivers, strategies, risks and opportunities.
• Good interpersonal and presentation skills for interacting with team members and clients.
• Ability to interact with many people and process a large volume of requests as necessary.
• Excellent personal computer skills including strong knowledge in MS Word and Excel.
• Demonstrates strong organizational skills to balance and prioritize work.
- CDM Smith Jobs